Avallonis (a skin based on Avalon) (8 Viewers)

bubsy83

Portal Pro
July 28, 2010
Brecon
Home Country
Wales Wales
any idea why I cant get the correct font?

Attachments

• wrongfony.jpg
    wrongfony.jpg
    143.7 KB

ixdvc

Portal Pro
May 26, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
any idea why I cant get the correct font?
I think this is because of certain characters which are not available in the correct font (maybe [ and ]). I have noticed the same thing with umlauts ä, ö and ü.

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I small change to the mytvprogram.xml file - it now shows the buttons Episodes & Quality (they were hidden and misplaced). I was not even aware of the Episodes functionality before I've checked something on the wiki, so I was a little surprised that my favourite skin did not show the button for it.

Attachments

• mytvprogram.xml
      8.1 KB

onelegend

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 16, 2010
    Bournemouth
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Does anyone have problems clicking on a latest media entry to play on the white theme?

Ie on live tv, it lists the latest recordings, but pressing down and highlighting an item and then pressing ok it fails to play.

This only happens when using the white skin i believe, blue appears to work as expected. I'll try a clean install of the theme later and double check but it does it on 2 systems for me.

I'll investigate further tonight but thought I would throw the question out :)

*edit* both white and blue dont appear to launch latest recordings, movies are fine, not tested music or series.

Same behaviour on 2 different systems

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Movie fanart does show up if you copy your movie fanart collection into (XP) C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Skin FanArt\UserDef\movies

Also select Movies (User) in the Avallonis config.

Otherwise it defaults to TV-Series fanart (instead of movies_default.jpg)

Hi, thanks for this. Finally got around to doing it, works as expected now. Really hope that gets fixed, had to duplicate almost 1gb of data.. Seems a shame on my little SSD!

Still loving the skin.

ixdvc

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have not tried it, but it should work with a symbolic link as well. Just start the cmd and type the following:
    Code:
    Vista/7: mklink /d "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Skin FanArt\UserDef\movies"  "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\MovingPictures\Backdrops\FullSize"
    XP:  mklink /d "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Skin FanArt\UserDef\movies"  "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\MovingPictures\Backdrops\FullSize"
    This way you don't have to copy the files.

Last edited:

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    How do you manage symbolic links? I've never done that before.. do they display in windows explorer somehow? That would definately be better. I'd still like to know why its not considered a bug though when it used to use Moving Pictures backdrops.

Thanks

ixdvc

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You have the original folder with the Moving Pictures fanart which remains unchanged. The folder inside Skin Fanart (from Fanart Handler) is a link to the Moving Pictures folder, but it shows as normal folder in windows explorer, just with that little arrow at the bottom left to indicate that it is a link.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    Hi thanks for the heads up. Learn something new everyday :)

Incidently.. your command is back to front.. mkline /d [Link] [Target] so it should be -

Code:
    mklink /d "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\Skin FanArt\UserDef\movies" "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\thumbs\MovingPictures\Backdrops\FullSize"

Works great, thanks very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom