Avallonis (a skin based on Avalon) (3 Viewers)

cruse

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

Thanks for your report. Can you please describe step by step how you do to get this result as I have a hard time reproducing this issue.

best regards
    cul8er

No problem.

1) Enter Settings -> SkinSettings
    2) I just went to Miscellaneous and toggled "Show Hidden Menu Image" and "Show 5 Day Weather..."
    3) While still being in MP everything is fine, but quit and restart and you got white font on grey background in TVSeries for example

Thanks

cruse

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

This is configurable in the menu editor. It now has a "hyperlink" to the AlbumArtist view. You can change it to open SharesView in the editor.

best regards
    cul8er

OK I checked in Avallonis Editor. It is configurable but the "Shares" hyperlink option is missing from the dropdown menu. Just deleting the parameter has no effect, it defaults back to AlbumArtist.

cruse

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well for me going back to having just the timeline seen, really seems pointless, I'd rather backout as is the current method, why would you want to do that, as I cannot think of any reason atm.

Sorry didnt see your remark at first.

One usecase that comes to mind: Lets just say a friend of mine likes to work out while stupid reality shows like Survivor or Amazing Race are running, which don't deserve exclusive attention. This way I... ehm he sees how long he has to go. ;-)

This would be an intuitive and optional feature no one has to use. I see no harm in that.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    OK I checked in Avallonis Editor. It is configurable but the "Shares" hyperlink option is missing from the dropdown menu. Just deleting the parameter has no effect, it defaults back to AlbumArtist.

Hi,

If you point to the mymusicsongs xml and leave hyperlink empty , does thia not work?

Cheers
    Cul8er

cruse

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

If you point to the mymusicsongs xml and leave hyperlink empty , does thia not work?

Cheers
    Cul8er

Thanks, it's working now with mymusicsongs (ID 501). I tried to fiddle with the default Music earlier, which was mymusicgenres (ID 504). My bad.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, had a brief play :) FOnts are better now ha.

I like what you have done with the TV Guide, imo it looks far better now. Much easier to read.

- I notice you have changed the recording program highlight colour to matt red from the gradient red. But the highlight of a program with a reminder set is still that wierd gradient type green.

17-04-50.png Not highlighted 17-04-55.png Highlighted (would be better matt green like the record colours have been changed to)

- When navigating to the 'Program Information' page, there are some strange instances of white fonts again on the options 'Advanced Record' 'Keep Until' 'Pre Record' etc.

17-05-11.png The menu items start white and have a grey highlighted colour. Seems the wrong way around. However if I navigate over to the program with the recording icon on the right, hit ok on my remote to cycle between recording and reminder.. all of a sudden the font colours change to this..

17-05-30.png Seems a little odd. Sure they should always be dark unless selected when they go white.

- Recording red disc icon is justified top rather than than central. Just looks a little off. The reminder set icon also looks a little out of place (I know you said you still had some graphics to do anyway, maybe this is one of them..)

17-05-49.png This would look much better with recording icon central rather than justified top.

17-05-30.png Reminder set icon would look better being something else :)

- When viewing Series in List View within TVSeries plugin, the watched icon is present in all entries, even if there are unwatched episodes for the series.

- Star rating when browsing series in list view in TVSeries and MovingPicutres (those displayed over the pop out covers which can be set to hide when not scrolling) is on a 1-5 star scale in one plugin but 1-10 star scale on the other plugin (consider making them both 1-10 star scale).

Is it by design that you have fanart displayed outside the fanart window in TVSeries and MovingPictures?

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've never really liked the whole OSD. I find the overlay (once pressed right) to be too large and the font size feels too large also. I'd rather see a half height overlay appear, with a smaller font and scrolling if needed. I suppose I really ought to find the time to learn some XML.. I'd also like to try out how it feels with the program info automatically displayed, not sure if it would become annoying or not until I've had chance to try.

If you do make some mods, I'd be interested in trying them also if you would like to share the files.

I replaced TVOSD.xml with one from my Avalon folder (not sure if this is a original or a mod) --> attached

At first it didn't work with my remote (like it did with Avalon :cautious:) , but "y" key with keyboard was fine :) Remapped the button and now it's like would like to have!

----------------------------------------------------
    Another Problem/Bug is the screen of the "extensions Menue": All items are highlighted/white! So it's hard to recognize which entry is selected!

Attachments

• 19-12-43.png
      19-12-43.png
      1.5 MB
    • TVOSD.xml
      24.3 KB

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have found something else strange, I've noticed this just now in TVSeries..

I have a series with a rating of 9.2, this is displayed with 9.2 black stars and the remaing piece of the last star as grey (I still think these should be white ;) ). However I have another series with a rating of 9.5 stars and this is displayed with 9.5 GREY stars and the remaining half of the last star is BLACK. Obviously it should be the other way around on the second series. Is there a reason for this?

921.png 9.2 rating, the star colours appear normal..

951.png 952.png but with 9.5 rating the star colours are reversed?

I should also correct myself in my previous post. I wrote..

- When viewing Series in List View within TVSeries plugin, the watched icon is present in all entries, even if there are unwatched episodes for the series.

This should read..

- When viewing Series in List View within TVSeries plugin, the UNwatched icon is present in all entries, even if there are NO unwatched episodes for the series.

watched.png Note the series with no unwatched episodes noted by 000 episode count and the green font, but still has an unwatched icon. I'm also not struck on that green font, it seems miss placed. Is there not another colour used elsewhere in the skin design which could be used? or a modification of the blue used, rather than green..

Thanks

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have a very hard time reading the fonts in MP-TV Series after the latest update. White for unwatched, light blue for watched? On a light gray background that's very hard to read. Is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing?

Emph

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom