Avallonis (a skin based on Avalon) (2 Viewers)

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

Thanks for all feedback on the new version. I have done some quick fixes and a new patch is now available (see link below). This patch requires version 1.0.4.0 of the skin so please install that before trying to find/apply this patch.

Avallonis Version 1.0.5.0
    [CHANGE LOG]
    • Reworked TVGuide in white theme
    • Fixed Editor crash from 1.0.4.0
    • Fixed error in highlighted color on listsitems
    • A few minor improvements to the white theme (colors and images)
    Will continue to look at all your feedback and try to include your requests in versions to come.

Link to patch.

best regards
    cul8er

Is this bug in Avalonis too?
    https://github.com/disaster123/Avalon/commit/572d2c6926f21103e0ef1cb34e4da97ae8f63640

Sadly Avalonis is not on github so merging, pushing and stuff like that is a bit more complicated.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

Thanks for all feedback on the new version. I have done some quick fixes and a new patch is now available (see link below). This patch requires version 1.0.4.0 of the skin so please install that before trying to find/apply this patch.

Avallonis Version 1.0.5.0
    [CHANGE LOG]
    • Reworked TVGuide in white theme
    • Fixed Editor crash from 1.0.4.0
    • Fixed error in highlighted color on listsitems
    • A few minor improvements to the white theme (colors and images)
    Will continue to look at all your feedback and try to include your requests in versions to come.

Link to patch.

EDIT!
    If you install the complete version 1.0.5.0 of the skin there is no need for the patch ;)

best regards
    cul8er

Looking forward to trying the new version :)

Do you have a list of bugs / changes you are working on so I don't duplicate anything you have pending which may of not made it into this update? I will try it tonight, see how it runs and report. Thanks!

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, thanks for the update.

I don't want to upset you! however.. I think the colour scheme seems to have taken a step backwards in this update. I prefered it in the previous version..

TV Series Plugin:
    - When in 'List View' and browsing 'All Shows' the watched icon is present even for shows with episodes unwatched.

- When in 'List View' and browsing 'All Shows' the unwatched episode count when unwatched episodes are present changes to a strange orange colour?

- I find it difficult to read the text for unhighlighted items in 'List View', currently white. In some places against the background its very hard to see. I prefered it when it was grey and changed to white on selection.

- The watched item font colour, currently blue, is practically unreadable in almost all positions. In some positions I can not read the text at all.

- The font colour in the hidden menu, currently blue, is again practically unreadable

- The Show details popup (press right on a highlighted show in list view - the watched and unwatched episode count font colour is blue. It looks odd as all the other text is white and grey.

Moving Pictures Plugin:
    Pretty much the same as TV Series.. AGainst the grey gradient background the darker text colour was far more easy to read. I find the white very difficult in places and the blue font colour for watched items is pretty much impossible to read. Again I liked the grey font which changed to white on selection as the white was easy to read with the darker grey highlight.

TV Guide:
    - The blue font used on upcoming shows in the future is practially unreadable. When one of these upcoming shows is highlighted, its impossible to read the text at all as the highlight colour is also blue.

- In the main TV menu screen, the blue font is again unreadable on the menu.

Maybe its my screen but on my 37" TV from about 10 feet away, the font colours are just making the text unreadable. I'm curious to see what others think to see if its just me.

I do see where you are coming from though with the extra blue. It does freshen up the plain white / grey of the skin and adds some colour interest. I just don't think it should be used for font colouring. Maybe have the menu position highlight colour blue to get the colour in there and revert back to the grey text changing to white on selection.
    At the very least the blue text has to go as far as I see as its just not readable.

Still using the skin though and appreciate all the work going into it. These points listed above are constructive, not negative :)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Yes, I was surprised by the new text colour use, in fact I thought that the patch had failed to update the skin correctly. Please at least make the old colours an option.

Emph

sukceso

Portal Pro
    November 6, 2008
    Herrenberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Skins, graphics, colors are always very subjective. I personally like most of the changes done with the latest update.
    I agree though that some text is quite hard to read (turquoise on gray).
    The blue background on the weather screens still seems a bit out of context, if time permits I will look myself on how to change it...

Thanks for all the effort that went into this (and other) skins, it makes MP so much better.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Haven't had time to verify the color change you describe but what you describe was not intended. I have not changed any textcolors on purpose. Must have copied the wrong files when creating the installers. Will Open My laptop and see what I can find. Thanks for reporting.

Best regards
    Cul8er

cruse

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    When making changes within MediaPortal SkinSettings (not external Configuration) Avallonis seems to revert to Blue Theme font colors which obviously dont work well with the White one. So please make sure you run the Avallonis Editor, choose your theme and save again before reporting.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I'm unable to reproduce the colors you are describing.

Can you please;
    1. Add some screenshots
    2. Describe how you upgraded. With the patch or the full installer.

cheers
    cul8er

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I think I know what has happened.

1. You had the White theme and was using v1.0.4.0
    2. You applied the patch
    3. You have not run the editor and selected the white theme again....

The problem is that in the patch the blue files was default so they have replace your white color scheme. Please run the editor again and choose white color and all should be ok. I will see if I can make the patch a little more intelligent next time so it reads what theme you are using.

cheers
    cul8er

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    When making changes within MediaPortal SkinSettings (not external Configuration) Avallonis seems to revert to Blue Theme font colors which obviously dont work well with the White one. So please make sure you run the Avallonis Editor, choose your theme and save again before reporting.

This worked for me, sorry for not reporting it here.
    Emph

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom