Avalon for 1.3.0 Alpha (1 Viewer)

demon2

Portal Member
February 13, 2010
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
When can we expect to have the avalon to 1.3.0 ? Release date ?

seco

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I'm sure 1.3.0 Alpha compatible plugins & skins are released when they are ready & tested properly. In my opinion there has been too many questions since 1.3.0 came out when this and that will be released. Also, there are actually breaking changes in 1.3.0 so things need to be fixed and tested both in skins and plugins, and it's not just about making a new release. And there is now extra work to maintain both 1.2. and 1.3 compatible versions, even for in some cases it is not even possible.

All of the developers are doing this for free and on their spare time so asking exact release dates is something they usually don't have an answer for.

Last edited:

dribbler1

Portal Member
    June 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Its obvious that these questions get on the nerves of the devs, but its a shame its to the level that gets a response that could be said.. is uncalled for and negative... we all want the same thing as a mediaportal community and that's to have the best and latest.

If I was a skin developer personally I would love to see users being impatient as its a sign of my success.... kind of thought it would be a nice feeling.

For me I'm looking forward to the release of TITAN..... its a shame that I am actually scared to ask how the progress is going!

dlarge500

Extension Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2009
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I understand you fully but what we should write every day? The first Question cames 2h after release from Mp 1.3.:rolleyes:

These questions are just too many times, I think I speak for every developer. Of course we like it if the community interested in our skins and plug-ins but also every User here has a private life, or has other problems.;)

The best example is the current MayaHD 1.2 and 1.2 beta for MP 1.3!!! Over 160 downloads since yesterday and 6 Acknowledgements and no comment, that's exactly what's the Devs on the woodfibres. Sorry but you must see that sometimes on our side, we do it all volunteer.

So enough bitching, sorry.:whistle:

Avalon is ready for Mepo 1.3 and i tested this Skin but Nico is time something is clamped, but I think near this weekend we can releasing Avalon.

Last edited:

Arturas1976

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 5, 2008
    Vilnius
    Home Country
    Lithuania Lithuania
    Of course we as users feeling anoying too much, but with 1.3.0 version this is a bit different story - most of people can not test new version of MP because of lacking at least one choice of more advanced skins. Personally I did it using MayaHD on client machine, but main with TV server still waiting its time. Plus MP itself was a bit lated. Usually all community based projects are sensitive for longer gaps of news :)

demon2

Portal Member
    February 13, 2010
    Home Country
    Portugal Portugal
    I apologize for how I put the question.
    I love the MediaPortal and the entire community. I understand and appreciate the work of those who do so only by the community. My thanks to you all. As to skins and I like the avalon mp stream and I am in fleas by Titan. thanks for the support and comments of everyone who helped me express what was in my soul when I put the question. and finally thanks to dlarge500 last response and the excellent work he has done.

Users who are viewing this thread