Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I sent it through work :wink:
    You should get it Monday at the latest.
    I used the address you put on the back of the original packaging.

DMAN

R

RaStr

Aver with DVICO

So, here is the conclusion, I have compared the data from Aver driver and modded DVICO: the main reason, why it still cannot tune and find anything seems to be in different PCB setup of DVICO's card, i.e. some interfacing of PLL chip used is different. Actually the config word for a PLL has to be modified in DVICO's driver too, one change in a first byte of this word is probbably a constant, which can be probbably tracked in the code, but the second part of this word could be a variable (the exact value depends on the frequency band of a channel selected) a could be calculated somewhere in the code. This one will be extremely hard to find and modify in the binary code ! So I give-up, because without a source code of a driver it is pretty hard to modify the driver for actuall hw setup and Aver is using for A771 such a crap hw, which noone else uses, so modifying some other driver is impossible too!

A

Anonymous

i got a email off aver

Dear Sir
    The Aver DVBT does not work with showshifter. This version of DVBt does not work with Media Centre.
    It only works with the XP. We will have an upadted drivers soon to try and make compatable showsshifter
    Abdul .K
    Support Group AverMedia (UK)
    TEL: 08707707526
    http://www.averm.co.uk

will the showshifter drivers help

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    happygilly said:
    i got a email off aver

Dear Sir
    The Aver DVBT does not work with showshifter. This version of DVBt does not work with Media Centre.
    It only works with the XP. We will have an upadted drivers soon to try and make compatable showsshifter
    Abdul .K
    Support Group AverMedia (UK)
    TEL: 08707707526
    http://www.averm.co.uk

will the showshifter drivers help

Compatibility with Showshifter and MediaPortal are two different things.
    It has to be a true BDA driver to work in MediaPortal.

DMAN

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    happygilly said:
    can you tell me card to bye that works fully with mp like dvb-t card thankyou all .

Twinhan, Dvico or any SAA7134 based DVB-T card :)

DMAN

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom