AverTV DVB-T 771 (2 Viewers)

A

Anonymous

Has anybody managed to use MP with this card?
With what version of MP and Aver software?

I just keep getting errors and I would like to know if there's hope of making it work before I use the already limited sleep I can get at night...
I'm a bit doubtful, even if I saw it in the supported card list, because in the card definition file I saw it considered a bda driver while I've always read the 771 doesn't have a bda driver.

Thanks
Luca

A

Anonymous

Flopy said:
With release 0.1.0.5 has been added support for dvb-t 771.
But I'm not be able to configure it...

Nobody I've heard of has.
I'm starting to think DVB for the 771 doesn't work, it only sees the analogue part with the wdm driver, which is basically useless

...avessi saputo di patir 'ste pene di configurazione mi sarei scelto un'altra scheda...

ciao
Luca

Flopy

November 15, 2004
Lecce - Italy
benotto said:
...avessi saputo di patir 'ste pene di configurazione mi sarei scelto un'altra scheda...

ciao
Luca
..già... tra l'altro provata con un'antenna da interni prendo giusto 3/4 canali... con la stessa antenna il decoder strong ne prende 35...

What is a good dvb-t tv card that have:

- svhs input connector
- mpeg2 encoding in hardware
- a good support from media portal (bda driver??) ?

A

Anonymous

Same problem here.
I download the latest version of MP, 1.0.5.1 and it keeps crashing everytime I try to configure the Avermedia DVB-T 771.

I wonder if it's something about the Avermedia software they use when adding the card. There are 3 "officially" versions of the Avermedia software at their site. The Australian version, the UK version and the "rest of the contries" version.

Does anyone know how to get this Avermedia DVB-T 771 card to work with MediaPortal?

Regards
//JuanK

S

Slaser

Another victim

Hi!

I've also tried to get a AVerTV DVB-T 771 to run with MP - no success so far.

Tried it with 1. the latest beta drivers, 2. the latest final drivers from AverMedia's website and 3. the original drivers found on the CD.
The standard software in each case runs perfectly, but MP only displays a blue screen with a repeating noise getting louder every second.

Looking at the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml I realized that there is a separate entry for the 771 (near the end of the list) but in the configuration app I only get the three standard entries (first three items in CaptureCardDefinitions.xml). I don't have a clue if this is helpful in any way!?

Looking forward to find someone who can fix this,
Slaser

Mortus

Portal Member
January 31, 2005
I also have a DVB-T 771, hopefully i will be able to give media portal a go tonight.

Has anybody had any good news about the 771 ? or any DVB-T card for that matter

-Mortus

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Guys,

There have been some code changes to fix some DVB bugs over the last weeks.

Try the latest build here...

www.kiwi07.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/MPCVS/CVS300105.zip

Just extract over the top of your current installation.
    If any AverTV services or application are running in the background stop them or exit the application.
    Also if you're using MCE2005 stop the two MCE2005 services.

If you still get an error when trying to tune, try this...

In the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml file find the AVerTV DVB-T 771 sections. There will be a line that says this...

<interface cat="capture" video="2" audio="3" mpeg2="1" sectionsandtables="5"></interface>

Change it to say this...

<interface cat="capture" video="3" audio="4" mpeg2="1" sectionsandtables="2"></interface>

And try again.

DMAN.

A

Anonymous

Wow, thanks a lot!

I'll try this evening and I'll post the results.

Ciao
    Luca

K

knotty69au

Thanks DMan,
    Ive copied that build over my existing copy, and now it no longer errors with that card... YAY!!

however, It only see's the Analogue inputs ( Composite and SVHS).

If I hit the Autotune button it scanns through and finds either SVHS, Composite #1 or composite#2 on each channel.

When selecting the card in the dropdown list it only give the following three options :-

AVerMedia Capture (General S/W Encoding Card)
    AVerMedia Capture (General MCE Card)
    AVerMedia Capture (General H/W Encoding Card)

I then made the changes that you stated
    "In the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml file find the AVerTV DVB-T 771 sections. There will be a line that says this...

<interface cat="capture" video="2" audio="3" mpeg2="1" sectionsandtables="5"></interface>

Change it to say this...

<interface cat="capture" video="3" audio="4" mpeg2="1" sectionsandtables="2"></interface> "

An that then doesnt allow any input to work, neither composite or Svhs :(

After an email to avermedia, they state the this card is not BDA compatible and I cannot find the DX filter "Microsoft DVBT Network Provider".

PLease ask if there is any more info I can give you.

Matthew

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom