AverTV DVB-T 771 (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

ziadost said:
hope you can do it, dman!

i have an aver 771, and would love to use any software other than the buggy crap aver releases

That would be really cool...

K

knotty69au

Breakthrough!!! I hope :)

OK Guys,
I did a clean install of XP and downloaded the Fusion HDTV Drivers.T hey installed fine without any modification whatsoever. I am now setting up the rest of mediaportal to see if it will work!!!!!!!

K

knotty69au

Bugger!

Three Steps forward, Two steps back.

Ok, the Fusion HDTV driver installs fine, Yipee :)

But I cant tune the bugger :(

Ive tried selecting the followin in the card config:-

"Fusion HDTV Transport Stream Capture (General H/W Encoding card)"
and
"Fusion HDTV WDM Video Capture (General H/W Encoding card)"

Neither of them let me tune channels.

If I select the Transport Stream card, I have no property pages and the Autotune does not work (this driver does not support autotuning)

If i select the WDM Capture Driver, I have access to all the Property pages. If I Press Autotune, It goes through the scan but doesnt find anything. If I select either the "TV Tuner" or the "Tuner" property Page I am presented with another autotune Button. This is where the problem is I think! :)

In Tuning Mode, the only thing I can select is "ATSC" but I beleive this needs to be "DVB"

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    knotty69au

If the card is showing as a General H/W Encoding card then MediaPortal is not recognising it properly.
    You'll have to edit the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml file - find the Aver DVB-T 771 entry and change the Tuner and Capture filter names to match the filters installed from the Fusion drivers.

Afterwards MP should recognise it as a BDA card correctly and hopefully allow you to tune.

DMAN

Mortus

Portal Member
    January 31, 2005
    Looks like i might not have to send you my card after all DMAN.

What Should the filter name read for the Fusion card?

It is else where in the XML?

K

knotty69au

Thanks DMan,

I edited the Fusion HDTV Lite descriptio and put in the Dev ID etc that Matched the Transport Stream Filter. I also had to edit the tuner driver from "Fusion HDTV, BDA DVB-T Tuner/Demod" to "Fusion HDTV, BDA Tuner".
    I no have no access to anything on the Property page (fair Enough) But no when I do a Autotune, it finds a signal at every frequency. I cannot use the skip or the map button. Or even just hit the ok button.

Im giving up for now,, bed awaits!!

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Mortus said:
    Looks like i might not have to send you my card after all DMAN.

What Should the filter name read for the Fusion card?

It is else where in the XML?

What - you have not sent it yet?
    I was expecting to do this on Saturday for you.

I'm travelling alot at the moment.
    Basically the sooner I get it, the sooner I may be able to hash something together for you guys.

DMAN

Mortus

Portal Member
    January 31, 2005
    No i havent yet DMAN sorry :(

I will be able to post it tomorrow at the very soonest....... i will send it special delivery if you are at that address on monday/tuesday?

thanks

-Mortus

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes for Monday - no for Tuesday.

DMAN

K

knotty69au

OK Guys , I give Up :)

I am able to install the fusion card drivers, but I still cannot get it to work. When I tried running the Fusion App that comes in the package it doesnt work either. It gives and "Authentication error in decoder" error, Which doesnt surprise me at all as it is not a Fusion Card. I'm afraid its going to be upt to someone cleverer than me.

Anyway DMAN, If you come up with something and want it tested, Let me know!!!

KNotty

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom