Backdrop - Skin (RELEASED!!!) (3 Viewers)

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I see the reports on freezing installation. This is unfortunately noting I can fix (other skins have the same problem). Trying to debug the MPE1 installer but it is hard as it does not produce any logs. We will try to solve this in the MP team.

best regards
    cul8er

D3tritus

Portal Pro
    February 14, 2008
    Upgraded to 1.2 RC1 today (Win XP) and moved across to Backdrop from X-Factor. Lovely skin but still (understandably) some teething issues for me. The main issue I'm seeing is font related. The fonts don't seem to be working properly and I'm seeing some extremely small text on the menus and page titles. I've a feeling that MP is just falling back to a default font and the fonts haven't installed/registered properly. Anyone else seeing this? :confused:

**Update**
    Found a workaround. I renamed the MPEI file to .ZIP and extracted the fonts contained within it. I then manually copied these to C:\WINDOWS\FONTS. This installed the fonts and everything now looks OK. No idea why they didn't install properly via the MP installer...

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi cul8er

In Moving Pictures Thumbs or BigThumbs view, is it still suppose to fade the covers to the selected movie's backdrop after a few seconds? Not happening over here.

ForTheRecord TVGuide, while music plays, initially shows album cover top right, but when I move around in the EPG, cover disappears.

Looking good :)

Olli0815

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 22, 2006
    Hi cul8er

I have a problem with the default music view: with the MP default skin I change the music view to the folder structure, when re-entering music the folder view still appears, even after closing MP, re-enter music section - as the option "remember last used folder" is set in the music options, the view settings will be stored - as expected.

When i am using backdrop i always get the Album view - even when I changed the view to the folder view before - without any changes to the configuration... next time i re-enter music i get the Album view again.

It seems that the "remember last used folder" option in music configuration does not work with backdrop.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Olli

hafblade

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2011
    Trier, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yeah great work.
    This is the most beautiful skin for me until now but the lag of MyFilms compatibility it the fact why I can't use the skin.

Looking forward to a version with MyFilms compatibility ...

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Olli0815,

This is a setting in the menu editor. It always opens music with the album view. Open the editor in MP configuration and select your music menu and then select what view you want to open or select empty and let MP remember last choice.

cheers
    cul8er

Olli0815

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 22, 2006
    Hi cul8er,

Yes, I was afraid that the menu needs a view parameter within the config - the problem is there is no chance to customize a folder view in the view section. Would it be a great effort to start the folder View, if the parameter is leave to blank (initial) in the Backdrop menu settings?
    Or is there a chance to change the skin-xmls, than i can change the behaviour one my one.

thanks,
    Olli

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom