Backdrop - Skin (RELEASED!!!) (2 Viewers)

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Bleazle,

Can you please attach your basichome.xml and your BackdropMenuEditor.xml so that I can investigate the latest tvrecordings problem you describe.

Can you also attach a screenshot of the problem in myWeather as I cannot find it here.

Thank you in advance.

best regards
    cul8er

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    Overlap in the latest movie titles too

Attachments

• overlap.jpg
      overlap.jpg
      353.7 KB

cruse

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Backdrop - Skin (RELEASED!!!)

First of all a simple but heartfelt thank you for this great skin. It's great on so many layers, style, speed and handling and I was thinking Maya was the end of the line. Backdrop combines the two most important factors for a skin in my eyes, simplicity and gorgeous visuals. So I guess I'm not going anywhere for a while.

The pre-Backdrop era almost drove me to either rip Maya apart or create my own skin. Hope you don't mind if I list some of my ideas and first impressions, they seem to be in good hands here :)

Idea I had
    Use overlays on top of fanart/backdrops and running video as an underlay for control elements. You use those a lot, at times you overlay about a quarter of the screen (e.g. TVSeries list view) which somewhat goes against your philosophy of showing as much of the backdrop as possible.The space between the list in the lower right and time and date in the upper right is overlayed but there are no elements.

In my draft I came up with something like this, think gradients:

The corner overlays blend in whenever and in whatever combination needed to underlay control elements. Perhaps you can use it.

First impressions & suggestions (besides everything being pretty much great)
    Stuff should pop more - Some fonts (e.g. MiniEPG during live tv with a darkish blue) are borderline squinters and the icons for video and audio codec are black on grey, u might want to experiment with the colors there.

Getting rid of stuff or making it optional - The icons for episode count and watch count in TV series list view take up a lot of space and don't really matter in everyday use. You focus on the series name. Lists could be shortened by about 3 elements to leave even more room for the backdrops.

Tv program category tags help in making the EPG view look crowded. They could be made optional

Making use of width in certain cases - Downloading subtitles in its current state takes a lot of patience because you have to wait for the text to scroll to find out if the subtitle file matches your video file. Switch from column separation to row separation to make use of the width.

The TV MiniEPG is almost trying to hide at the bottom. Don't be shy. Once you want to switch channels you don't care what's going on in the background. You should center it more and make it much wider.

Thats it for now. Thanks again!

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi SpudR,

From your image it looks like you have modified the basichome (the menu is not aligned to the bottom of the screen). Is this correct?

cheers
    cul8er

SpudR

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 27, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Home Country
    England England
    I just set up the UI in the settings as the current nVidia drivers cannot compensate for the plasmas overscan.
    No other amendments made :)

noemfie

Portal Member
    May 1, 2011
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    HI,

Sorry, might be dumb question , I haven't had the opportunity to test you skin with a remote (mce green button) , but I noticed you navigated the latest items on the home screen (saw it in skin video) . With what key or button do you navigate to that menu ?

Great work with skin so far , looking forward to making this my default skin in the near future as soon as 1.2 Beta settles down a bit :D

Regards
    Pieter

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

When you are in a submenu that has "latest media items" connected to it (you set this up in the menu editor) you can press the right navigation button on your remote or right arrow on the keyboard to get to the latest media stuff. Pressing enter/ok on the latest media will start playback.

Important to know is that mouse is not supported very well in this skin;)

best regards
    cul8er

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hello.
    First of all, Thank you for the new Version. Lots of improvement, great.

I have still the same problem with MyPictures as I reported earlier. When I use the new "common.facade.pictures.xml" from V0.2 or the Fix you uploaded earlier, then I did not get anything when I enter the Pictures Section. No menu, no list, nothing. I only can push the green Button to go back to Home. See attached pictures-1.jpg. If I use the old "common.facade.pictures.xml" from V0.1 I have normal functionallity. See attached pictures-2.jpg. I have also added Debug- Level Logs generated with the "New" xml. For this Logs I just start MediaPortal, go to the Pictures Section push some buttons on my Remote, don't see anything, go back to Home and exit MePo.

By the way. In Basic Home the backdrop pictures are a bit disorted, stretched to high. You can see it easily at the Soccer- Ball on attached pictures-3.jpg. It should be a circle but is an ellipse.

Attachments

• pictures-1.jpg
      pictures-1.jpg
      161.5 KB
    • pictures-2.jpg
      pictures-2.jpg
      212.7 KB
    • pictures-3.jpg
      pictures-3.jpg
      175.9 KB

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. Can you please try the new xml again and when in myPics and you do not see anything, can you press F9 to get the contaxt menu and select listview and see if this works.

best regards
    cul8er

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hello.
    I've tried with F9 but nothing happened. No Context Menu to chose from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom