Backdrop - Skin (RELEASED!!!) (2 Viewers)

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @ Cul8er

Found another bug. When I change channel, I get these 2 screenshots. First 1 is when I press channel up (or down). Second one, is when the channel has changed. I get 2 "next" entrys ("volgende" in my language). And the info isn't of that channel!

Also a feature request: Can the white test be put more to the right, so that the whole word "volgende" can be seen ? (also see both screenshots).

:D

Attachments

• 23-32-35.png
      23-32-35.png
      611 KB
    • 23-33-43.png
      23-33-43.png
      657.8 KB

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok, another feature request:

Can the long title of some songs be cut of and make them scroll? Now in this example, the title is very long and straight over the fanart. Doesn't look right imo. And it also doesn't scroll, so I can't see the whole title! Also happens with album info and artist info!

Attachments

• 23-43-58.jpg
      23-43-58.jpg
      202.8 KB

cruse

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Backdrop - Skin (RELEASED!!!)

Can the long title of some songs be cut of and make them scroll? Now in this example, the title is very long and straight over the fanart. Doesn't look right imo. And it also doesn't scroll, so I can't see the whole title! Also happens with album info and artist info!

This is on purpose, I requested to remove scrolling there. Because once the info starts scrolling you end up with words hanging in the middle of the screen and empty space to the right which looks more like a bug than a feature.

Wouldnt you say there is enough information displayed to get a rough idea of what song is played? In your example you get the whole song title and one artist.

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: Re: Backdrop - Skin (RELEASED!!!)

This is on purpose, I requested to remove scrolling there. Because once the info starts scrolling you end up with words hanging in the middle of the screen and empty space to the right which looks more like a bug than a feature.

Wouldnt you say there is enough information displayed to get a rough idea of what song is played? In your example you get the whole song title and one artist.

But if you make it continuously (do I write it like this :)) loop, and only let it display for example 25 letters (or more)?

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Another bug: When I download a subtitle, I get a window where to place the subtitle. In here I get overlapping text.

Attachments

• 11-04-36.jpg
      11-04-36.jpg
      174.3 KB

cruse

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: Re: Backdrop - Skin (RELEASED!!!)

But if you make it continuously (do I write it like this :)) loop, and only let it display for example 25 letters?

So you mean continuously like

...ong feat Artist A & Artist B | Title of Song feat Arti...?

Would that be possible cul8er?

Another suggestion would be to move the Now Playing element to bottom right of that screen. But that way we would have to get rid of the playing next element... Then again it's the Now Playing screen after all, so...

CypherMK

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: Backdrop - Skin (RELEASED!!!)

But if you make it continuously (do I write it like this :)) loop, and only let it display for example 25 letters?

So you mean continuously like

...ong feat Artist A & Artist B | Title of Song feat Arti...?

Would that be possible cul8er?

Another suggestion would be to move the Now Playing element to bottom right of that screen. But that way we would have to get rid of the playing next element... Then again it's the Now Playing screen after all, so...

That's what I mean! But don't ditch the bottom right info! :) Or maybe combine it somehow with the top-right info. Like some other skins do.

Kiwi

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2006
    Pukerua Bay
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Cul8er

Thanks for a great skin :)

Can you advise if the backdrops generated in My Pictures are cached at all in a similar way to thumbnails? In my setup the pictures are on a server and scrolling quickly though stalls every 100 pictures or so while it all catches up.

Thanks

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Kiwi,

Thanks for your report. I will release a new version of the FanartHandler plugin that fixes this.

best regards
    cul8er

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Backdrop - Skin (RELEASED!!!)

Hi cul8er!

I don't know, if it is a bug of BD or an issue with skinengine or something else, because i have reported similar issues some weeks ago in team forum -> Link 1 (Post 831 ff), -> Link 2 (Post 900 ff), But i have noticed a strange behavior in music database views: double rendering and missing text in list view! Please take a look at the screenshots! Screenshot 1 & 2 shows the settings, Screenshot 3 & 4 the issue! Logs are attched!

Big Thanks for all your work,

Helios

Attachments

• Screenshot 1.jpg
      Screenshot 1.jpg
      117.5 KB
    • Screenshot 2.jpg
      Screenshot 2.jpg
      119.8 KB
    • Screenshot 3.jpg
      Screenshot 3.jpg
      147.4 KB