Backdrops (Fan-art) and Cover-Art (1 Viewer)

marvenius

Portal Pro
September 3, 2008
Belgium
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
2 or 3 posts back, there is a remark about reloading the default providers (in the configuration).
For at least some, this was the solution.

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    OK. This fanart backdrops has got me totally confused.

All I want to to achieve is to either add fanart downloaded (without ANY reference number attached to it) from the net, or take a screenshot from within the movie to be represented inside Moving Pictures [ver.0.6.3] (I know it will be low-res). I'm not interested in having to pay for something so trite as background pictures.

I tried to rename it according to the convention stated by the MP plugins author in a link on this thread, eg. Rollerball [tt0073631].jpg (this is the original 1975 movie). It is not picked up from either a reboot or next MP startup.

I notice ALL the picture files in my "c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team Mediaportal\Mediaportal\Thumbs\Moving Pictures\Backdrops\FullSize\" folder are named in one of two ways:

1) {3_10.To.Yuma} {-1600695044}.jpg
    2) King.Kong [927541887].jpg

Where do these reference numbers come from? They are nothing like the tt********** numbers for the movie's IMDB.

PS. not interested in trying to update to ver. 0.7.0 at present as it stuffs up my MP (ver.RC4) GUI configuration {& yes, I have already tried} using Indigo ver. 0.9.4.0 skin & just want to enjoy my stable system for a while be fore tweaking it further. :D

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Name your file "tt0088763.jpg" and put it in your backdrop folder. That file for example would auto load for Back to the Future because tt0088763 is the IMDb ID for that movie. This will only work if your movies have the IMDb ID loaded (generally the case if you are pulling from IMDb). For what it's worth the filename pattern used is listed (and configurable from) the Advanced Settings screen.

The number in the other filenames is a hash of the URL the image was retrieved from. This has nothing to do with the local backdrop loading.

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    That was it. Cheers.

Top plugin BTW. It's the main reason I recommend Mediaportal as the frontend of choice: yours & MP TVSeries. They just make it look awesome. Keep up the great work.

Yabba

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I hope this isn't asked before, I'm going to work in a few minutes and don't have time to check it, so if it is please forgive me. I'm using Moving Pictures and alpacine.es as provider for cover art and info in spanish, and works wonderfully. But I have no backdrops so far. I have the default grabber for backdrops and it seems it looks for ENGLISH names in my films, because I do have backdrops for films that happen to have the same name in Spanish and English (e.g. : Juno, Aladdin...). What I'd need would be something that grabs the original name of the films from my spanish provider (alpacine.es) and searchs moviedb.org for backdrops using the original name and NOT the translated Spanish name. Does this exist already and I haven't been able to find it, maybe? Thanks on advance for your advice...

mitiok2008

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2009
    I hope this isn't asked before, I'm going to work in a few minutes and don't have time to check it, so if it is please forgive me. I'm using Moving Pictures and alpacine.es as provider for cover art and info in spanish, and works wonderfully. But I have no backdrops so far. I have the default grabber for backdrops and it seems it looks for ENGLISH names in my films, because I do have backdrops for films that happen to have the same name in Spanish and English (e.g. : Juno, Aladdin...). What I'd need would be something that grabs the original name of the films from my spanish provider (alpacine.es) and searchs moviedb.org for backdrops using the original name and NOT the translated Spanish name. Does this exist already and I haven't been able to find it, maybe? Thanks on advance for your advice...
    As I discovered so far, MovPics works only with moviedb.org and search for movie using IMDB_ID. So, if your scraper doesn't provide it - you will not have any backdrops loaded automaticaly. You can load it manually, call backdrop.jpg, put to movie folder and will detected and then used by MovPics. So far no other way.
    Backdrop handling is weak point for MovPics, there is no way to create scraper for other sites. but it's planned for 0.8 - it's not too far.

Yabba

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Ok, I'll wait then ... I must admit I haven't been paying attention enough to MovPic in the last few months, so I'm not exactly aware of new features. In fact i didn't know there was an spanish scraper (alpacine.es) and don't even know if there's something else that supports IMDB_ID.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom