Backdrops (Fan-art) and Cover-Art (1 Viewer)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Yeah, i have the same problem. Just installed MEDIAPORTAL after years of XBMC use. With XBMC it downloaded al fanarts/backdrops/covers but with your tool alot of fanarts/backdrops/covers are not found. And it isn't possible to select which fanart to use? Gonna test it more tonight because it has potential:)
I really like your tool so thank you for that:)
Our backdrops (fanart) are retrieved from themoviedb.org, which as far as I know, is the only place that freely provides backdrops like this. So perhaps XBMC has another data source I am not aware of, but if not, the same movies missing backdrops in Moving Pictures should be missing backdrops in XBMC.

As for cover art, we recently lost a data source for cover art (posters.motechnet.com). They did not want us pulling data from their site anymore so we had to disable the scraper. The impawards scraper is still active, and it has been improved in the upcoming 0.7 release. Plus in 0.7 covers will now be pulled from themoviedb.org (like backdrops currently are). So with the new release you should see a signifigant improvement in the number of covers retrieved.

As for handling multiple backdrops, this is just something we have not had time to implement yet. It is definitely planned, but our plug-in first launched only five months ago, so we have to prioritize the enhancements we implement.

Henkske

Portal Member
February 3, 2009
Yeah, i have the same problem. Just installed MEDIAPORTAL after years of XBMC use. With XBMC it downloaded al fanarts/backdrops/covers but with your tool alot of fanarts/backdrops/covers are not found. And it isn't possible to select which fanart to use? Gonna test it more tonight because it has potential:)
I really like your tool so thank you for that:)
Our backdrops (fanart) are retrieved from themoviedb.org, which as far as I know, is the only place that freely provides backdrops like this. So perhaps XBMC has another data source I am not aware of, but if not, the same movies missing backdrops in Moving Pictures should be missing backdrops in XBMC.

As for cover art, we recently lost a data source for cover art (posters.motechnet.com). They did not want us pulling data from their site anymore so we had to disable the scraper. The impawards scraper is still active, and it has been improved in the upcoming 0.7 release. Plus in 0.7 covers will now be pulled from themoviedb.org (like backdrops currently are). So with the new release you should see a signifigant improvement in the number of covers retrieved.

As for handling multiple backdrops, this is just something we have not had time to implement yet. It is definitely planned, but our plug-in first launched only five months ago, so we have to prioritize the enhancements we implement.

Thank you for your response

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Multi lingual cover art site

Sorry, there is no implemented data provider for German cover art at the moment. If you can find a site that has good quality German cover art that we could pull from, then maybe we could put together a script...

If you haven't checked it out, MoviePosterDB.com - Internet Movie Poster DataBase usually has covers in a variety of languages. I haven't checked it out re a script, but their image quality is good.

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    I don't suppose the X-files movie has a colon in it's name, does it? I've seen problems where things like colons and stuff screw things up. Ideally anything non-alphanumeric should be stripped before any search/compares are done, but I think quite a bit of plugins don't do this so the matching often fails. Can't say that this is the case here, but worth noting if it is...

henk99

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Erm....stupid question maybe, but how do I change the coverart of a movie?

In the normal video section of MP, in the editor I can change the coverart as I like. How do I do it in moving pictures?

RoXoR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2008
    B-W
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Erm....stupid question maybe, but how do I change the coverart of a movie?

In the normal video section of MP, in the editor I can change the coverart as I like. How do I do it in moving pictures?

MediaPortal Configuration - plugins - moving pictures config - movie manager:
    there are arrows to choose the next cover ...

marvenius

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    This is also possible from within the GUI, providing there are several covers available.
    Go to the details screen , press F9 or info and select option 2 (only applicable when there are > 1 covers, otherwise this will toggle watched flag)

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    Newly imported movies aren't picking up backdrops. I checked the config setting and looking at the Backdrop Data Providers...only Local Provider is listed. I can't find an .xml on the google code page to import the provider :(

EDIT: Found the 'Reload Default Providers' button. Not sure how it had been deleted but no problems now

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Newly imported movies aren't picking up backdrops. I checked the config setting and looking at the Backdrop Data Providers...only Local Provider is listed. I can't find an .xml on the google code page to import the provider :(

EDIT: Found the 'Reload Default Providers' button. Not sure how it had been deleted but no problems now

Yeah, one or two others have reported this. I am not sure what is happening, something funny with the database upgrade process. Fortunately the work around is simple, but I will still try to look into this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom