Backdrops (Fan-art) and Cover-Art (1 Viewer)

RoXoR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 3, 2008
    B-W
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is it possible to get the plugin to grab fan art from themoviedb.org (TMDb) | The open movie database if it is not found on meligrove ?
    I've been searching meligrove and there's lots of fan art / backdrops that aren't on there but can be found at themoviedb..

Thanks!

fforde have also done a lot of coding work on this project, so I think he will integrate it, too
    I guess it's on the issue list anyway :)

travisbell

Portal Member
    September 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    He's already got it listed as a ticket. I am sure it will be done soon ;)

You are right though, TMDb has probably twice as many backdrops as Meligrove ever did so there is _a lot_ of new fanart available on TMDb.

swifty

Portal Pro
    January 6, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Ah ok, thanks for pointing it out guys.. glad to know it could be in the pipeline :)

Just getting started with this plugin and it looks like a much better alternative to what I'm currently using (my films).

Thanks to all involved, keep up the good work!

jonaskp

Portal Pro
    October 23, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Well, TMDb is a union between Meligrove and what was movie-xml.com and moviebackdrops.com (as I have understood), so it's logical that it has more backdrops. Also, it seems to be the future community driven site where a lot of HTPC-apps are going to use it for fetching movie-info.

It's going to be great when we get a Moving Pictures version that has this implemented, I still have a lot of movies that has no backdrop og cover.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Is there any way to get german cover arts instead of the english ones?
    Sorry, there is no implemented data provider for German cover art at the moment. If you can find a site that has good quality German cover art that we could pull from, then maybe we could put together a script...

THX-UltraII

Portal Member
    January 28, 2009
    Hi all,

I m pretty new on this forum as you can see and would like to know some basic things about the Moving Pictures plugin. I ve found out that I have to add a PATH in the MOVIE IMPORTER of the Moving Pictures settings. So I added my movies folder here where all my content is stored (each movie has a separate folder). At the DATA SOURCES I selected IMDB for movie details, THEMOVIEDB.ORG for backdrops and IMPAWARDS.COM for covers. After correcting one or two movies at the MATCHES tab (eg. madagascar 2 was not recognized but I could select the right one from the pull-down menu), all my movies where 'OK' (green and checked). After this I went to the tab MOVIE MANAGER. The movie info grabbed from IMDB was all ok but than I noticed some strange things where my questions comes up (finally ):

For example, for the movie X Files I Want To Believe there was no Cover Art found. Strange, because I ve always used a program called 'Movie Info Plus' and this program uses also IMPA and TMDB as source for finding covers and 'Movie Info Plus' finds lots of covers and fanarts (fanarts are the same as backdrops right?). So first question is why movie pictures cannot find a cover art for eg. this movie where movie info plus does find covers?

I was happy to see that I could select the cover art I personally wanted by selecting one (if there where found more covers) with the arrows when selecting a movie. compliments for that!

However, I have not found a way to choose my own backdrop (fanart). Movie info plus used to find more than one fanart most of the times and I always selected one I liked most. Is this not possible with movies pictures?

So that s it for now.

Guys, maybe I m missing the big picture here or don t understand it fully yet so please correct me where neccessery!

I saw that it is possible to manually add Movies Pictures Scripts so maybe it could have to do something with this?

Thanks again for all help and really appologise for my bad English.

Greetings from the Netherlands from Sander.

Henkske

Portal Member
    February 3, 2009
    Hi all,

I m pretty new on this forum as you can see and would like to know some basic things about the Moving Pictures plugin. I ve found out that I have to add a PATH in the MOVIE IMPORTER of the Moving Pictures settings. So I added my movies folder here where all my content is stored (each movie has a separate folder). At the DATA SOURCES I selected IMDB for movie details, THEMOVIEDB.ORG for backdrops and IMPAWARDS.COM for covers. After correcting one or two movies at the MATCHES tab (eg. madagascar 2 was not recognized but I could select the right one from the pull-down menu), all my movies where 'OK' (green and checked). After this I went to the tab MOVIE MANAGER. The movie info grabbed from IMDB was all ok but than I noticed some strange things where my questions comes up (finally ):

For example, for the movie X Files I Want To Believe there was no Cover Art found. Strange, because I ve always used a program called 'Movie Info Plus' and this program uses also IMPA and TMDB as source for finding covers and 'Movie Info Plus' finds lots of covers and fanarts (fanarts are the same as backdrops right?). So first question is why movie pictures cannot find a cover art for eg. this movie where movie info plus does find covers?

I was happy to see that I could select the cover art I personally wanted by selecting one (if there where found more covers) with the arrows when selecting a movie. compliments for that!

However, I have not found a way to choose my own backdrop (fanart). Movie info plus used to find more than one fanart most of the times and I always selected one I liked most. Is this not possible with movies pictures?

So that s it for now.

Guys, maybe I m missing the big picture here or don t understand it fully yet so please correct me where neccessery!

I saw that it is possible to manually add Movies Pictures Scripts so maybe it could have to do something with this?

Thanks again for all help and really appologise for my bad English.

Greetings from the Netherlands from Sander.

Yeah, i have the same problem. Just installed MEDIAPORTAL after years of XBMC use. With XBMC it downloaded al fanarts/backdrops/covers but with your tool alot of fanarts/backdrops/covers are not found. And it isn't possible to select which fanart to use? Gonna test it more tonight because it has potential:)
    I really like your tool so thank you for that:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom