BackupSettings for Tv Server and Media Portal | Page 13

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Plugins' started by huha, September 26, 2008.

1. huha
    • Premium Supporter

huha Extension Developer

Ratings:
    +622 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Nikos, thanks! I got it. I need to update my .dll files. This drives a few changes in the program.
    boombastic, i realized also that the file Helpreferences.xml is created only after the program is started. i will work on that, too.
    I will have an update soon.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. nikos1671

nikos1671 Portal Pro

IT
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Home Country:
    Greece Greece
    Huha, we have to thank you for this great plugin... :)

4. Trouty

Trouty Portal Member

I.T. Support, and Weekend Musician.
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Hi all, I too have the "failed to locate assembly" error. I used backup settings when I installed MP 1.0. Never had the error. When I installed the SVN, I never ran Backupsettings. I opened TV server configuration, and when I went to close it, the error appeared. Also using XP pro.

Still an awesome plugin!

Cheers

Trouty

5. huha
    • Premium Supporter

huha Extension Developer

Ratings:
    +622 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    So I have a good and a bad news:
    The good one first: The attached 0.0.1.7 should support the new SVN. Please try

But here comes the bad news:
    Version 0.0.1.7 is not working for MP1.0 final. If you are not using the latest SVN you must use 0.0.1.6

It looks like TV server did change the dll structure between 1.0 final and the SVN. If I compile my plugin with the new dll files from the SVN it will break 1.0 final and in reverse. I do not want to maintain 2 separate program versions. The new dll files also forced some code changes.

There may be a trick to maintain a special compiler assembly, but i do not know how and will need some help here.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Der_Bub
    • Premium Supporter

Der_Bub MP Donator

Ratings:
    +60 / 2
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Does this mean I can't import my settings (of TV Server) from 1.0 with this release?

Greetings

BERND

7. manvanstaal

manvanstaal Portal Member

ICT engineer
    Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    works again

Thanx huha, this version works, but one little remark. If you use Vista X86 and you have to run the install as an administrator, otherwise you get error messages and a advise to reboot. For the rest it works perfectly again.
    :D

8. huha
    • Premium Supporter

huha Extension Developer

Ratings:
    +622 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Bernd,
    version 0.0.1.6 and version 0.0.1.7 backup data are the same. So you can import with 0.0.1.6 data from 0.0.1.7 and vice versa. Ignore the warning message.
    manvanstaal, thanks for the comment. I will look at that later once the problem with the version compatibility is resolved.

I have started a new thread in the TV server Development Forum and hope to get some help from an experienced programmer on this issue.

• Like Like x 1
  9. catavolt
    • Team MediaPortal
    • Administrator

catavolt Design Group Manager

Technical Documentation, Translation
    Ratings:
    +7,446 / 38
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Many :D for your efforts! Now works perfectly!

10. AlfredENeuma

AlfredENeuma Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +80 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    Hi,

working with XP! Thanks!

Alfred:D

11. huha
    • Premium Supporter

huha Extension Developer

Ratings:
    +622 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    BackupSettings V0.0.1.8 released

I have released Version 0.0.1.8 which now supports the latest SVN, too. The installer takes care of which version needs to be installed. I found a way two support the two dll versions with one single source code, where the appropriate .dll files are linked together.

This version has the new import postprocessing feature. Tv server configuration will be closed after the import and the tvserver will be restarted. This allows to import all settings, which were missing before. If someone finds a Tvserver setting, which is not supported, please post it. I think i am close to 100% by now.

The MediaPortal client version will be installed by the installer if no Tv server is detected. This plugin got also a major upgrade as there was a data conflict in the initial version from open files of the configuration tool, which did not get restored. If you want to enforce the MediaPortal plugin although you have Tvserver installed just blank out the Tv server paths in the installer.

Vista UAC support should be included for the installer and central data base installation is supported by both the MediaPortal plugin and the Tvserver plugin. The MediaPortal paths are now used from the file MediaPortalDirs.xml allowing centralized databases.

The missing channel numbers are fixed, too.

To make a long story short - it should cover all the items discussed in this posting. Thanks to all of you for your help in debugging and your feedback.

• Like Like x 1

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!