BackupSettings for Tv Server and Media Portal (4 Viewers)

SwissBuster

Portal Pro
June 27, 2008
Geneva, Switzerland
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Swissbuster,
I am confirming that i am not supporting LNB settings. I will need to see how difficult it is.
The MusicPlayer\plugins\visualizations is not supported either, but will be easy to add.
I may need your help on debugging later on for the Cam settings as i do not have one.

Just used V0.1.8 to upgrade to MP1.0. The visualisations now work fine. The LNB and CAM settings didn't work, as expected. I also noticed one new issue which was that two channels in my favorites listing were renamed (e.g. Film4 became Film4_2). It's an easy fix, but it means WebEPG doesn't match until fixed. All in all, this plugin saves a huge amount of time.

By the way, when upgrading I make a backup first. Then I installed MP1.0 and clicked on import my settings under BackupSettings. This gives the warning message "do you want to backup settings first? Yes recommended". This is a little misleading because I have a fresh backup and (I assume) if I were to backup now the settings would be emptied...

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Swissbuster,
go to "Duplicate channels" and click "Undo Rename". Then uncheck "Automated processing during export"
I will change the default settings in the next version.
I would be interested to get more details about what settings did not work.
What card are you using dvb-c,s,t or analog? What CAM settings and what LNB settings did not get imported? I would like to fix that before releasing the final version.

SwissBuster

Portal Pro
June 27, 2008
Geneva, Switzerland
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Swissbuster,
go to "Duplicate channels" and click "Undo Rename". Then uncheck "Automated processing during export"
I will change the default settings in the next version.
I would be interested to get more details about what settings did not work.
What card are you using dvb-c,s,t or analog? What CAM settings and what LNB settings did not get imported? I would like to fix that before releasing the final version.

1. Noted for Duplicate channels.
2. I'm using a technisat mantis sat card (DVB-S) which is connected to a technisat multitynne (4 LNB sat dish). This allows me to receive signals from 4 different satelites. The CAM is loaded with a smartcard to receive encrypted Swiss channels.
3. CAM settings that are not imported are found in TV server config. Click TV servers > (PC name). Select your card under the 'Cards' tab (right hand side of window) and hit edit. The field 'CAM enabled and present for this card' was not activated.
4. The LNB settings that were missed are also in TV server config. Click TV servers > (PC name) > (Card name) on the left-hand menu. The first tab (RHS) is called 'LNB Setup' (others are 'DiSEqC Motor' and 'Scanning'). Here I have the option to activate and select 4 satelites for each of my 4 LNBs. After running BackupSettings these 4 selections are lost. There are other options on this tab but I don't use then. I don't have a DiSEqC motor so haven't used these options either.

Any questions, fire away!

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Did you use the latest SVN or MP1.0final ? I realized there has been a new CAM setting introduced in the SVN which would explain the CAM issue. I will update this in the next version.
I am not able to reproduce the LNB settings. Can you post me from the TVsettings.xml file in the TV_USER folder the card section.
It should look like
<card IdCard="2" DevicePath="@device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1131&amp;dev_7133&amp;subsys_000d16be&amp;rev_d1#4&amp;85a3fa1&amp;0&amp;4899#{71985f48-1ca1-11d3-9cc8-00c04f7971e0}\{9bb4f27f-515c-43ca-8e7d-f07cf5b77709}" Enabled="True" CamType="0" DecryptLimit="0" GrabEPG="True" LastEpgGrab="2000-01-01 00:00:00" Name="713x BDA DVBS Tuner" Priority="3" RecordingFolder="H:\Video" RecordingFormat="1" TimeShiftFolder="H:\TimeShift" dvbs2SatteliteContext1="1" dvbs2SatteliteContext2="2" dvbs2SatteliteContext3="3" dvbs2SatteliteContext4="4" dvbs2DisEqc1="1" dvbs2DisEqc2="2" dvbs2DisEqc3="3" dvbs2DisEqc4="4" dvbs2band1="1" dvbs2band2="2" dvbs2band3="3" dvbs2band4="4" dvbs2LNB1="true" dvbs2LNB2="true" dvbs2LNB3="true" dvbs2LNB4="true" dvbs2creategroups="true" dvbs2enabledvbs2="true" dvbs2limitsEnabled="yes" dvbs2motorEnabled="no" dvbs2motorStepSize="15" dvbs2selectedMotorSat="30" />

SwissBuster

Portal Pro
June 27, 2008
Geneva, Switzerland
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Did you use the latest SVN or MP1.0final ? I realized there has been a new CAM setting introduced in the SVN which would explain the CAM issue. I will update this in the next version.
I am not able to reproduce the LNB settings. Can you post me from the TVsettings.xml file in the TV_USER folder the card section?

I used MP1.0 final.
The CAM thing became an issue with RC3. Before that, the default settings was for the CAm to be on.
Here are the TVSettings data. I have two versions:

1. From the previous backup which was without the right CAM and LNB settings.

<cards>
<card IdCard="1" DevicePath="@device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1822&amp;dev_4e35&amp;subsys_00011ae4&amp;rev_01#4&amp;33b89675&amp;0&amp;2850#{71985f48-1ca1-11d3-9cc8-00c04f7971e0}\{acec2d03-bdec-44c0-9a97-c577f6ee2602}" Enabled="True" CamType="0" DecryptLimit="1" GrabEPG="True" LastEpgGrab="2000-01-01 00:00:00" Name="TechniSat Mantis DVBS BDA Receiver" Priority="2" RecordingFolder="M:\My Videos\TV Recordings" RecordingFormat="0" TimeShiftFolder="M:\My Videos\Timeshift" dvbs1SatteliteContext1="19" dvbs1SatteliteContext2="13" dvbs1SatteliteContext3="22" dvbs1SatteliteContext4="27" dvbs1DisEqc1="3" dvbs1DisEqc2="4" dvbs1DisEqc3="5" dvbs1DisEqc4="6" dvbs1band1="0" dvbs1band2="0" dvbs1band3="0" dvbs1band4="0" dvbs1LNB1="true" dvbs1LNB2="true" dvbs1LNB3="true" dvbs1LNB4="true" dvbs1creategroups="false" dvbs1enabledvbs2="false" />
<card IdCard="2" DevicePath="(builtin)" Enabled="True" CamType="0" DecryptLimit="0" GrabEPG="True" LastEpgGrab="2000-01-01 00:00:00" Name="RadioWebStream Card (builtin)" Priority="1" RecordingFolder="" RecordingFormat="0" TimeShiftFolder="" />
</cards>

2. Latest backup after I had manually added the CAM and LNB settings.

<cards>
<card IdCard="1" DevicePath="@device:pnp:\\?\pci#ven_1822&amp;dev_4e35&amp;subsys_00011ae4&amp;rev_01#4&amp;33b89675&amp;0&amp;2850#{71985f48-1ca1-11d3-9cc8-00c04f7971e0}\{acec2d03-bdec-44c0-9a97-c577f6ee2602}" Enabled="True" CamType="0" DecryptLimit="1" GrabEPG="True" LastEpgGrab="2000-01-01 00:00:00" Name="TechniSat Mantis DVBS BDA Receiver" Priority="2" RecordingFolder="M:\My Videos\TV Recordings" RecordingFormat="0" TimeShiftFolder="M:\My Videos\Timeshift" dvbs1SatteliteContext1="19" dvbs1SatteliteContext2="13" dvbs1SatteliteContext3="22" dvbs1SatteliteContext4="27" dvbs1DisEqc1="0" dvbs1DisEqc2="0" dvbs1DisEqc3="0" dvbs1DisEqc4="0" dvbs1band1="0" dvbs1band2="0" dvbs1band3="0" dvbs1band4="0" dvbs1LNB1="true" dvbs1LNB2="true" dvbs1LNB3="true" dvbs1LNB4="true" dvbs1creategroups="false" dvbs1enabledvbs2="false" />
<card IdCard="2" DevicePath="(builtin)" Enabled="True" CamType="0" DecryptLimit="0" GrabEPG="True" LastEpgGrab="2000-01-01 00:00:00" Name="RadioWebStream Card (builtin)" Priority="1" RecordingFolder="" RecordingFormat="0" TimeShiftFolder="" />
</cards>

As far as I can see, they are identical, and neither shows the detail about the LNB settings (e.g that LNB1 is satelite 19E). I searched the rest of the TVsettings file for clues about these LNB settings, but couldn't find any.

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Swissbuster, your LNB export settings look good to me.
The satellite information is stored in the number index of the drop down menue starting from 0.
So in your case i saw LNB1 set to 19.2 E Astra, LNB2 to 13.0 hotbird, LNB3 to 23.5 E Astra and LNB4 to 28.2EAstra
If the import does not work please post me your log file with verbose debug checked during the import.

For the CAM setting I cannot do more. Maybe the latest SVN with the new CAM setting will work. I will implement it in the next version.

SwissBuster

Portal Pro
June 27, 2008
Geneva, Switzerland
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
Swissbuster, your LNB export settings look good to me.
The satellite information is stored in the number index of the drop down menue starting from 0.
So in your case i saw LNB1 set to 19.2 E Astra, LNB2 to 13.0 hotbird, LNB3 to 23.5 E Astra and LNB4 to 28.2EAstra
If the import does not work please post me your log file with verbose debug checked during the import.

For the CAM setting I cannot do more. Maybe the latest SVN with the new CAM setting will work. I will implement it in the next version.

You must be right because those are the right LNB settings for my system. Maybe I screwed up on my 1st TVsettings list in the post above and this list was actually with the correct LNB settings! At my next upgrade I'll pay more attention to see what happens, both with the LNB and the CAM settings.

Let me repeat my thanks for your work on this plugin. It saves a huge amount of time!

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Get an error with new SVN with importing TV-Server settings, see attached Picture (can't find log file...).

=====update:

I made a second try and get an Error with the first openig of TV Server config:

Failed to create database :confused:

Greetings

Attachments

• error.JPG
      error.JPG
      101.4 KB

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just tried the latest 1/23/09 SVN, but cannot reproduce your issue. The import worked fine for me. Can you do another reinstall of TVserver and check verbose debug. Please post then the log file.
    What is your version number of Gentle.Common.dll in the TV server program directory? It should be 1.5.0.29053
    (right click the file and go to properties -> details this will show you the version number)

Der_Bub

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 17, 2008
    Cologne
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I just tried the latest 1/23/09 SVN, but cannot reproduce your issue. The import worked fine for me. Can you do another reinstall of TVserver and check verbose debug. Please post then the log file.
    What is your version number of Gentle.Common.dll in the TV server program directory? It should be 1.5.0.29053
    (right click the file and go to properties -> details this will show you the version number)

Is this Version, but maybe I hav another Problem reportet also here : "Failed to create database "

I tried several instalations, but can't get any TV runnig. Quiete strange because I can't recognize anything that I could do wrong and othe don't seem to have problems to get this SVN runnig... :mad:

======update:
    one Tabel was missing and I had to create it manualy in my sql (see Failed to create database).

After solving that, backup restore did fine! :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom