BackupSettings for Tv Server and Media Portal (1 Viewer)

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
I have released BackupSettings V1.0.0.0. There were only minor changes.
-added the new CAM setting for the latest SVN.
-changed the default settings for duplicate channel names based on the forum feedback. By default it is now disabled ! I recommend to check it once to avoid hickups with duplicate channel names. You can check the manual for more details.
-improved autodetection of the installation paths. This method is now used in all program parts
-added thread processing. So the user can now switch between the tabs during processing. If you exit BackupSettings during processing your last operation will get terminated.
-no more bothering the user with a backup before an import. But a warning messagebox will still appear.

I want to thank all users for the help on debugging and the nice comments in the postings.

etheesdad

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2008
    Adelaide
    will this plugin back up from xp and restore to vista?

Ive finally got a working install on a machine running XP, but would like to have one last crack at Vista to see if I can get MP working with EVR.

Will this plugin back up from xp and restore to vista?, or would I be better off just backing up manually when trying to do this?

Al_Capone

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Will this plugin back up from xp and restore to vista?, or would I be better off just backing up manually when trying to do this?

That should work, but I have to ask out of pure curiosity ; why would you bloat down your entertainment-computer like that ?

huha

Extension Developer
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    etheesdad, i have done this by myself. In general it works, but there are a few minor issues with different program paths between xp and vista. This affects more the mediaportal part and mediaportal plugins than the TV server. You need to check all your pathnames afterwards

etheesdad

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 8, 2008
    Adelaide
    Al_Capone - As I said, Vista has evr, which looks better (on my tv at least) than vmr9. Also, It can be set up to run lean, and its boot times when set up properly are as fast as XP. MP runs and starts just as fast, so I dont really get the logic of the association between 'bloat' and MP on vista. On a machine with hardware capable of running it properly 'bloat' is an abstract rather than a concrete notion in my experience.

------------------

Thanks HuHa.

csberto

Portal Pro
    November 6, 2004
    Tilburg, the Netherlands
    How to install BackupSettings when no TvServer is installed?

I downloaded BackupSettings and unzipped the file.
    Then I have two folders, Release and Source. When I start Install.exe from the folder Release the first thing I'm asked for is to select TvService Program Folder (contains TvService.exe). But I don't have Tv Server installed. What do I have to do now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom