Banner for Mediaportal promotion? (1 Viewer)

ookmich

Portal Pro
June 13, 2005
Gouda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi,

I'd like to promote Mediaportal on my website. Has anyone ever created a banner for it? I can use one sizes 468 x 60.

Michiel

ookmich

Portal Pro
June 13, 2005
Gouda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Cool, tanks!

I have one remark: This banners are quite focused on insiders who know what MP is en what it is used for. In my opinion, a banner could better sound like:

"Download Mediaportal. Free Mediacenter software: arrange your TV-recordings, Photo-albums and music files."

I could try this myself, but graphics are not really my core business...

This is one of the banners in the other thread:
big-banner_2.gif

These banners have an old brand logo: Media Portal instead of Mediaportal.

Michiel.

LordMessi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 4, 2005
    Ørsø, Dronninglund, Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    ookmich said:
    Cool, tanks!

I have one remark: This banners are quite focused on insiders who know what MP is en what it is used for. In my opinion, a banner could better sound like:

"Download Mediaportal. Free Mediacenter software: arrange your TV-recordings, Photo-albums and music files."

I could try this myself, but graphics are not really my core business...

This is one of the banners in the other thread:
    big-banner_2.gif

These banners have an old brand logo: Media Portal instead of Mediaportal.

Michiel.

I'll look into updating the banners tomorrow.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Those banners are not up-to-date. The program is MediaPortal (one word, not two as the graphic shows it). Yes I know that the graphic on the forum is incorrect also, I am trying to get the admin to change it also.

Mike

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    ookmich said:
    Cool, tanks!

Michiel.

Basically you are right, it would be good if the banner would give an idea of what MP is about. But you can´t explain MP with a banner.

The text left of the logo is a slogan. A marketing rule says that a good slogan should not exceed 6 words. Not much to explain there.

Thoughts:

If you want to promote mp on a couple of your webpages, it could be a series like:

"More than your digital VCR"
    "All your favourite pics on your TV"
    "Your TV as your Jukebox!"
    "The free alternative"

Also think about a localization. If your website is in dutch, you might prefer to have the banners in dutch ("MP speaks 30 languages"), others might prefer them in swedish. A slogan that works in dutch, might not work in swedish, sigh ...)

Might be an idea to put up a new thread to get attention of some marketing related people. I am sure there are some on the forums and see what they come up with.

tomtom

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    tomtom21000 said:
    ...If you want to promote mp on a couple of your webpages, it could be a series like:

"More than your digital VCR"
    "All your favourite pics on your TV"
    "Your TV as your Jukebox!"
    "The free alternative"

It would be great to have a gif or flash banner with these sayings rotating(not literally rotate the text, just cycle through each different saying) past the banner!

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread