Basic Menu mods....Please post here ;-) (2 Viewers)

bertybassett55

Portal Pro
August 16, 2006
ThaClown I'm guess you would need to hack the XML and remove the Button,Label and Image section for the menu items you didn't need. I think this is correct but don't quote me as I am just learning this myself.

Psycho Reptile

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2006
    Cambridge, England
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @ThaClown I'm guess you would need to hack the XML and remove the Button,Label and Image section for the menu items you didn't need. I think this is correct but don't quote me as I am just learning this myself.
    I will because you're correct, just need to change the <onleft> and <onright> values too ;).
    ThaClown have a go and if you really struggle I'll help you out :)

ThaClown

Moderator - Dutch Forums
    May 28, 2006
    Den Bosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I'll have a go myself.. would hate too delay your work on AEON.... :)
    EDIT:
    I looked at a XML but cant figure the onleft/right out..
    From the XML:

Pictures
    <id>1</id>
    left 6 right 3

Video's
    <id>3</id>
    Left 2 right 4

TV Series
    <id>4</id>
    Left 3 tight 5

Trailers
    <id>5</id>
    left 4 right 6

Online video's
    <id>6</id>
    left 5 right 2

I;d like to remove Trailers and Online Video's, how should I change the onleft/rights?

could you explain it a bit?

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I've updated my mod. due to removal of MusicVid. This has been replace by Wikipedia. Otherwise same as below
    18372d1205563573-basic-menu-mods-please-post-here-bhs.jpg

Note: The bottom-right-button (here: "Programtillegg" is hyperlinked to "plugins", so you can access everything without using home (just set the Windows-plugins that is not covered by Basic HS to "plugins" (instead of "home") in setup. The once that is covered in Basic HS (or you don't want to see) you set to "home"

EDIT: Forgot to UL the friggen XML :oops:

Attachments

• BasicHome.xml
      30.6 KB

riadmelb

Portal Pro
    July 9, 2006
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Thanks Psycho Reptile for directing me to this post.

Hi guys, I was thinking of creating two raws of 3 icons each (6 big icons in total). So before I start looking into, is it any possible? Thanks.

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Here's my Basic Menu mod - I tried to keep the simplicity of only having a few buttons, but also having many options available.

The icons are removed as they are taken from another skin, and I dont have the right to redistribute them - so I wont even tease people with their awesomness ;-)

As you can see from the images, when a main button is selected, "sub-buttons" are shown below, with related items to choose from.

I am thinking of possibly releasing an updated version of the Black & Blue Monochrome mod theme I made a while ago, if so i'll have this menu.

BasicHome.xml attached

Attachments

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      61.3 KB
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      65.2 KB
    • 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      61.5 KB
    • BasicHome.xml
      30.6 KB

zicoz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I really like those dropdown menus revs.

Anyways here's what would be my optimal setup:

Main menu:

Weather
    Watch
    Listen
    TV
    Other

Weather:
    Weather

Watch:
    Films (Moving Pictures)
    TV-Series
    Pictures
    Sumo (Link to internet explorer)

Listen:
    Music
    Radio
    LastFM
    Music Videos (ok it's a video thing, but imo music videos are more related to music then video :) )

TV:
    TV

Other:
    Plugins

Users who are viewing this thread