Basichome (Aeon) MOD for StreamedMP! (1 Viewer)

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have one little suggestion though. Tried it myself but could not yet get it going.
I think how the latest monochrome is doing the infoservice plugin is much more graceful. It has a rss button in there (the feed image) and a highlight image which shows when you have the rss button selected (a sparkly star thingie called Buttf.png).
Currently the whole menu changes when pressing down.
Just a suggestion. I might tinker with it myself some more to get that going.

Update on this, was not thinking when I responded to this last time and it stuck later on that this is perfectly possible. Did some playing around now have it working - you are right it is far more graceful...

Just working out the finer points..what highlight gfx to use etc but will add it to the next editor release.

screen shot of what it looks like now attached...will make it configerable as to if the backdrop changes to infoservice of stays on the current.

Cheers

Trevor

Attachments

• 13-06-14.jpg
    13-06-14.jpg
    163.8 KB

FoxForceFive

Portal Pro
February 16, 2009
Home Country
Hmm, seem to be finding nothing but problems tonight!

I have an issue with the 'starring' part in this plug in, all films bar one look like this:

23-12-41.png

However, when I got past a certain film (Candy) in the list every film thereafter displays those actors from that film (Candy) in the list, for every film like this:

23-15-47.png
[/IMG]

Hope that makes sense.

FoxForceFive

Portal Pro
February 16, 2009
Home Country
@FoxForceFive

Sometimes Movingpictures doesnt scrape the whole information of particular movies.. Open the moving pictures plugin and refresh the data... And all we be back to normal.. Hopefully ;)

It seems that is the issue, the imdb scrape isnt getting the actors information, I'm rescanning using the moviedb scraper.

Cheers.

dmatukian

Portal Member
September 15, 2009
followed this thread.

Was experiencing the same issues as some other members with the
Aeon Editor 1.1.61
StreamMP .9.601
MediaPortal 1.1.0 Beta-1

After copying over the Aeon basichome.xml file the editor had trouble loading and getting the animation null error message and also something about not being able to parse the menus.

I copied over one of Trevor's "Should Fix the issue basichome.xml" files which let Aeon Editor load just fine.

after opening the Editor and removing some of the menu items i didnt want, i had just Movies, Series, and Settings left. Cleared Cache, generated the skin.... when MePo loads it removes the previous horizontal bar and for some reason moves the tabs higher on the screen.

also a link to my basichome.xml

http://www.sendspace.com/file/lqxcn3

i know i know its a 4:3 screen its displayed on now. it eventually is shown on a large Plasma screen. it displays fine on the screen until i generate a new home with the editor. check attachments. any ideas?

Attachments

• screen2.jpg
    screen2.jpg
    62.5 KB
  • screen3.jpg
    screen3.jpg
    92.5 KB

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
followed this thread.

Was experiencing the same issues as some other members with the
Aeon Editor 1.1.61
StreamMP .9.601
MediaPortal 1.1.0 Beta-1

After copying over the Aeon basichome.xml file the editor had trouble loading and getting the animation null error message and also something about not being able to parse the menus.

I copied over one of Trevor's "Should Fix the issue basichome.xml" files which let Aeon Editor load just fine.

Ok, the 1.1.61 archive as well as containing the editor also has some additional gfx files and the font, please check the readme for installation details.

If the editor has issues reading the current basichome (normally as the default StreamedMP basichome file is installed) it will display an error and offer to load a template file, if you say yes to this then a usable 6 tab menu will be loaded, which can then edit to suit, the basichome.xml from earlier posts is no longer required.

after opening the Editor and removing some of the menu items i didnt want, i had just Movies, Series, and Settings left. Cleared Cache, generated the skin.... when MePo loads it removes the previous horizontal bar and for some reason moves the tabs higher on the screen.

also a link to my basichome.xml

Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!

The reason the menu is so high is the YPos value is set to 200, try 433 here.

i know i know its a 4:3 screen its displayed on now. it eventually is shown on a large Plasma screen. it displays fine on the screen until i generate a new home with the editor. check attachments. any ideas?

Two reasons for the way it looks now, excluding the 4:3 issue, is the YPos value and lacking the new graphics/fonts included in that archive.

Cheers

dmatukian

Portal Member
September 15, 2009
trevor... sorry to hassle you again.
some pics of my plasma 16:9 with strange results. the clock doesnt fit into the outlined shape around it correctly and some strange text laying on top of other text. check the pics!

the basichome has a weird issue with the last S on the "settings" button, its all faded, which messes with the functionality of basichome. i'm assuming b/c SETTINGS is too long of a word. when changing it to SET (smaller word) the basichome functions correctly.

i do apologize if there is some small minor thing i am overlooking to get it perfect

and in terms of tutorials i was thinking of either a detailed walkthrough with images. or an actual flash video (with input directly from the PC, not a video camera)

Attachments

• screen4.jpg
    screen4.jpg
    71.3 KB
  • screen5.jpg
    screen5.jpg
    79.5 KB

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
trevor... sorry to hassle you again.
some pics of my plasma 16:9 with strange results. the clock doesnt fit into the outlined shape around it correctly and some strange text laying on top of other text. check the pics!

the basichome has a weird issue with the last S on the "settings" button, its all faded, which messes with the functionality of basichome. i'm assuming b/c SETTINGS is too long of a word. when changing it to SET (smaller word) the basichome functions correctly.

i do apologize if there is some small minor thing i am overlooking to get it perfect

and in terms of tutorials i was thinking of either a detailed walkthrough with images. or an actual flash video (with input directly from the PC, not a video camera)

It looks like you have a font issue, at least with the time anyway, the menu looks like a screen res problem - I can test if you post your basichome.xml, fonts.xml and common.time.xml...

Cheers

dmatukian

Portal Member
September 15, 2009
Originally Posted by trevor
It looks like you have a font issue, at least with the time anyway, the menu looks like a screen res problem - I can test if you post your basichome.xml, fonts.xml and common.time.xml...

oh absolutely! here you go!

Thanks so much!!

Attachments

• BasicHome.xml
    30.6 KB
  • fonts.xml
    30.6 KB
  • common.time.xml
    30.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom