[WiP] BasicHome / BasicHome Editor (1 Viewer)

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Maybe you dont need that, but if the buttons is not showing up in basichome, go to "\..\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\cache\" and delete the folder "Titan"

kmk235

Portal Member
    September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks! Still now working. Never mind. I will wait for that BasicHome Editor.
    Another question: When I work with the regular homescreen, I don't have Background Pictures (Hover) for some categories:
    -MP-TV Series
    -Moving Images
    -Online Videos
    How can I find them? Or how do I have to name an Image that it will be used?
    I know where to put the images, but I have no idea how to name them...

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

i found the problem! inside my Emulators2 skinfile package the wrong picture filename was linked. just replace the existing file with this one here...

Attachments

• include.BasicHomeButton.Emulators2.xml
      2.4 KB

kmk235

Portal Member
    September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

i found the problem! inside my Emulators2 skinfile package the wrong picture filename was linked. just replace the existing file with this one here...

Thanks, but still no luck... Do I have to add it in some xml first, that the skin knows it should be there?
    like in the basichome.xml or something?

kmk235

Portal Member
    September 2, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    thanks for your help. but it doesn't work. i give up! But maybe you have any idea about this problem :)

Another question: When I work with the regular homescreen, I don't have Background Pictures (Hover) for some categories:
    -MP-TV Series
    -Moving Images
    -Online Videos
    How can I find them? Or how do I have to name an Image that it will be used?
    I know where to put the images, but I have no idea how to name them...

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Well, I would like to give it a try! Not optimal for me, but better than the current one.. :)

Yes i think the best way is to write a small guide for adding submenus. I made it modular so you just need to copy my submenu files, deleting the original Button inside BasicHome.xml and import my files i created for my custom Tiles/ Buttons. i think this shouldnt take longer than 2 minutes for one button. I just have to sort out some smaller issues with my skinfile names and cleaning up the code..

Well, personally I know how to customize the menus myself, but I hope there will be an editor soon.. Everytime now that there is an Titan update that also contains a "Basichome.xml" the settings are lost.. So let's hope there will be an update of Titan extended soon that contains an editor.. If it take more than a few months I will costomize the basichome myself..

But the one you provide is for me a lot better than the default one, so I will try it.. :)
    Perhaps your best option might be to create a custom Theme with everything you want, including your customised Basichome.xml... I'm hoping that the themes folder is left untouched on updates!

cane

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 20, 2007
    Zagreb
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    For me the basic home editor inside MP would be spot on. Especially for new users that are not so used to MP. To get them more intrigued into MP, so thet they don't uninstall after 5 minutes - most people don't want to read forums to make something work, understand.

Commerzpunk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Andernach
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    +1 for basic home editor as external app in titan extended pack! :)

DragonQ

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I can't seem to add anything to the Basic Home menu - I need to set plugins to appear in the Plugins sub-folder to get them to show up at all. Basically I want to remove the "Pictures" button and replace it with OnlineVideos, and then add some other stuff to the second page (e.g. MyVideos).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom