Basichome Black Screen 'Problem' on Mouse Move (2 Viewers)

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
March 27, 2008
Having a few users report that when using a mouse on the Basichome Screen they are just getting black screen. This is because Basichome is not designed to work with a mouse. This is due to the way Basichome needs to be coded, basically the screen will go black when nothing is focused ie while you are moving your mouse round the screen.

So use Myhome if you are intending on using a mouse.

:D

akwaba

Portal Member
July 1, 2009
Home Country
Hi

In fact, i have this problem too but without using "a real mouse".
I'm using the Trust keyboard (so use the key only) witch have a trackball include. And when i take it in my hand, maybe the trackball move alone just a second and it's sufficiant for blackscreen to appear :(

decorativeed

Portal Member
November 9, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
"So use Myhome if you are intending on using a mouse."

Excuse my ignorance, but how exactly do I do that?:confused:

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Having a few users report that when using a mouse on the Basichome Screen they are just getting black screen. This is because Basichome is not designed to work with a mouse. This is due to the way Basichome needs to be coded, basically the screen will go black when nothing is focused ie while you are moving your mouse round the screen.

I´m afraid I have to say that the above mentioned answer sounds a little bit arrogant. No support for mouse users on BasicHome? That means touchscreen users are also kept away? And could you please explain WHY BasicHome needs to be coded that way???? In all my skins BasicHome is working like expected because not ALL users use MP with remote, so in my opinion all possibilities to access MP functions have to be implemented.

TheSkinsFan1

Portal Member
    August 28, 2009
    I'm a mouse user and I'd really like to use BasicHome instead of MyHome, but this issue prevents me from doing so... is there ANY fix for this issue?

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm a mouse user and I'd really like to use BasicHome instead of MyHome, but this issue prevents me from doing so... is there ANY fix for this issue?

Yes, use skins that don't use multi-image backdrops for each item, like Blue3, XFace, Black & White, MediaStream (uses a clever plugin that transforms the MyHome into a BasicHome), BleazleWide or Monochrome.

Not a real fix, sorry. It's either the above solution, or buy yourself a nice MCE remote for $40 and never look back.
    Emph

TheSkinsFan1

Portal Member
    August 28, 2009

Yes, use skins that don't use multi-image backdrops for each item, like Blue3, XFace, Black & White, MediaStream (uses a clever plugin that transforms the MyHome into a BasicHome), BleazleWide or Monochrome.

Not a real fix, sorry. It's either the above solution, or buy yourself a nice MCE remote for $40 and never look back.
    Emph

yeah... that doesnt really help. I have other skins, but I like everything else about this one moreso than the others -- plus I've spent a good deal of time customizing it.

What I'd really like to do is somehow combine BleazleWide's simple home screen with the Weather info box and everything else from StreamedMP... wish me luck!

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Emph

+1 you can use mediastream solution

Install mediastream skin for mediaportal

Copy all files from streamedMP and overwrite the files in the mediastream skin directory

Then download the myhome.xml from here

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...reamed-mp-community-mods-bug-fixes-myhome.xml

Replace myhome.xml in the mediastream directory

Then run MP config choose mediastream as default skin

Then close MP config

Then reopen MP config, and use the mediastream menu editor

You now have multi-image home screen with mouse support and streamedMP skin

grooves12

Portal Pro
    November 1, 2006
    Is this something that was caused by a recent change... I keep getting a black screen despite the fact that I do not use a mouse. Especially, after reaching the end of a movie. if I keep hitting buttons to get something to play and then stop it I can get the screen back... but it is not isolated just to mouse movement.

misder

Portal Member
    July 30, 2010

so you presume that streamedMP is not for notebook users? so because of this I have to buy computer with remote....notebook can not make up for PC? because we use notebook with wireless device to controll it....do you really think that notebooks are not future?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom