Basichome Black Screen 'Problem' on Mouse Move (1 Viewer)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    so you presume that streamedMP is not for notebook users? so because of this I have to buy computer with remote....notebook can not make up for PC? because we use notebook with wireless device to controll it....do you really think that notebooks are not future?

If you're using a notebook, just use the arrow keys and the enter and F9 buttons instead. No more black screen. :D

Emph

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Having a few users report that when using a mouse on the Basichome Screen they are just getting black screen. This is because Basichome is not designed to work with a mouse. This is due to the way Basichome needs to be coded, basically the screen will go black when nothing is focused ie while you are moving your mouse round the screen.

So use Myhome if you are intending on using a mouse.

:D

so you presume that streamedMP is not for notebook users? so because of this I have to buy computer with remote....notebook can not make up for PC? because we use notebook with wireless device to controll it....do you really think that notebooks are not future?

Off course StreamedMP is for notebook users also, you only need to use the Standard Menu instead of BasicHome (if you wanna use a mouse), since that menu is not designed to work with a mouse.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    btw, the screen doesn't go black any more...but we are still someway away from full mouse compatibility.

misder

Portal Member
    July 30, 2010

If you're using a notebook, just use the arrow keys and the enter and F9 buttons instead. No more black screen. :D

Emph

joking? to stand up and go close to TV? why not to do with mouse everything?

Having a few users report that when using a mouse on the Basichome Screen they are just getting black screen. This is because Basichome is not designed to work with a mouse. This is due to the way Basichome needs to be coded, basically the screen will go black when nothing is focused ie while you are moving your mouse round the screen.

So use Myhome if you are intending on using a mouse.

:D

Off course StreamedMP is for notebook users also, you only need to use the Standard Menu instead of BasicHome (if you wanna use a mouse), since that menu is not designed to work with a mouse.

it is a really pitty, because notebooks are going to replace PCs partially soon.

2) we are not able to escape from imdb info with just a mouse, please, enable there topbar
    3) and we are missing info about movie when playing in the topbar

thank you

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

You didn't write that you had your notebook hooked up to the TV. I thought that you were sitting in front of it. But using a wireless mouse when you could be using a wireless remote is even more of a joke to me. :eek:

Emph

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    ...and I do not really think notebooks will replace the HTPC market anytime soon.

misder

Portal Member
    July 30, 2010

You didn't write that you had your notebook hooked up to the TV. I thought that you were sitting in front of it. But using a wireless mouse when you could be using a wireless remote is even more of a joke to me. :eek:

Emph

yes, because of you I have to buy remote when I want to 3 times a week connect my notebook when my mouse can do everything ;)

...and I do not really think notebooks will replace the HTPC market anytime soon.

do you remember the world "partially"?

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    yes, because of you I have to buy remote when I want to 3 times a week connect my notebook when my mouse can do everything ;)

Your mouse can't emulate a remote perfectly, so it can't do everything. :D But should you get yourself a remote, you will wonder what took you so long, I remember I used to have a mouse hooked up to my laptop for the same purpose as you, so I know where you're coming from. And most remotes are USB connected, so it's not like you invest in something that you can't use in the future if you get a HTPC.

Emph

misder

Portal Member
    July 30, 2010
    lol, I do. Also the topic and the forum ;)
    but really pity....just to do theese very small 3 things (ok, maybe 2 things, I will use normal home) and I can use streamed MP at my friends.....pity
    and you can se Im not the only one :(

Your mouse can't emulate a remote perfectly, so it can't do everything. :D But should you get yourself a remote, you will wonder what took you so long, I remember I used to have a mouse hooked up to my laptop for the same purpose as you, so I know where you're coming from. And most remotes are USB connected, so it's not like you invest in something that you can't use in the future if you get a HTPC.

Emph

I have remote, but not for notebook and I will not buy any second remote just because of notebook
    I have complete HTPC at home with logitech universal remote

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom