Basichome Black Screen 'Problem' on Mouse Move (1 Viewer)

flixx

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 15, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    yes, because of you I have to buy remote when I want to 3 times a week connect my notebook when my mouse can do everything ;)

Your mouse can't emulate a remote perfectly, so it can't do everything. :D But should you get yourself a remote, you will wonder what took you so long, I remember I used to have a mouse hooked up to my laptop for the same purpose as you, so I know where you're coming from. And most remotes are USB connected, so it's not like you invest in something that you can't use in the future if you get a HTPC.

Emph

Not everthing, but the Logi 3D Mouse (just hold it in the hand like a presenter tool) can "nearly" anything. It has 4 mappable keys, scrollbuttons, left, right mousebutton and does not need a sureface to use it. Think about it like a "remote" touch screen tool while sitting in front of your big tv. It was a great pleasure to click-omatic a music playlist in millisecondes with this gadjet on my old media pc software :D

Therefore: is should be possible to use skins by mouse. This also ensures touchscreen use. The behavoir of StreamedMP is some kind of error from my point of view. As soon as i move the mouse the screen disappears and syncs back to the default menu. I can't click on a menu point which is not highlited but visible on the screen. I can not move the menu items on the screen. So i can't even reach any menu item, but the default one. If i'am smart enough not to activate the screen downer....

So, please keep in mind there are mouse and touchscreen StreamedMP-Fans out there
    :D :D :D

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Having a few users report that when using a mouse on the Basichome Screen they are just getting black screen. This is because Basichome is not designed to work with a mouse. This is due to the way Basichome needs to be coded, basically the screen will go black when nothing is focused ie while you are moving your mouse round the screen.

So use Myhome if you are intending on using a mouse.

so you presume that streamedMP is not for notebook users?
    He said that the basic homescreen is NOT designed to be used with a MOUSE.
    No clue where you read that it was not designed to be used with a NOTEBOOK.

But with all your split personalities, I am not surprised that you start to loose it.
    Maysider, sidermayer, or whatever you call you the next day. Every forums seems to have it's own troll. :p

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    [sarcasm]
    I wonder what the ratio of MediaPortal users with a mouse is to the users with a remote. Surely this isn't important while deciding what's important in an app like this.
    [/sarcasm]

Silliness aside, just use Home instead of Basic Home or MediaStream skin.
    Emph

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom