Bass player with ASIO support? (1 Viewer)

Koudijs

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Stanik,

If you want to play your DTS files via your onboard digital output then you have to check if the sample frequency of the file is supported by your SoundMAX chip. A lot of chips upsample everything to 48 kHz which makes it impossible to playback 44.1 kHz DTS files. If this is the cause of your problem than you can only solve this by buying a new soundcard.

Jan

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Stanik,

If you want to play your DTS files via your onboard digital output then you have to check if the sample frequency of the file is supported by your SoundMAX chip. A lot of chips upsample everything to 48 kHz which makes it impossible to playback 44.1 kHz DTS files. If this is the cause of your problem than you can only solve this by buying a new soundcard.

Jan

Seconding this advice. Try cards with the 'Envy24' chipset, or if you don't mind the lack of digital frequency autoselection, then also try C-Media CM878. That chip is in a million and one cheap soundcards and will not resample 44.1khz.

Koudijs

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I just discovered that the play and pause functions do not work when ASIO is enabled. When I press play the currently highlighted song appears on the playlist but does not play. If I start a song by pressing enter (what I normally do) the song plays but can not be paused via the spacebar. If I disable ASIO both play and pause function correct.

Regards,
    Jan

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Jan,

just returned from a short vacation trip.
    i'll have a look at it as soon as i've sorted out my daily work.

regards,

Helmut

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i need to have a look, but i don't think it is possible, since when starting the new stream on the asio device it stops the previous stream.
    but i'll have a look.

Koudijs

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Helmut,

I made a small modification to the code and now the pause function is also working when ASIO is enabled. I will sent you my change via a PM. Please have a look at it and if you agree submit it into svn.

The play problem is still there but only occurs if the song you want to play is printed in yellow (last played?). Not sure if I can do something about this...

Regards,
    Jan

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi Jan,

yes, please PM me the changes.
    I'll have a look into it.