Bass player with ASIO support? (1 Viewer)

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Jan,

yes please wait for the next build to try.
    But i'm afraid, that it'll still not work.
    i need to consult the BASS people.

regards,

Helmut

stanik

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2006
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hi.
    I have same problem. Audio is faster and when I try play DTS CD nothing happenst. No sound and no reaction on Play CD button in MP.

How is working configuration of ASIO for DTS CD playing. I tried play DTS CD in Winamp, but hear only noise.

stanik

Portal Pro
    October 10, 2006
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    OK, Already have SVN 716. Was a last yesterday afternoon. On this SVN I made tests and doesnt work.

ariyanto

Portal Member
    November 8, 2006
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Please Help

Hi please can you help me,

I have been trying for days now to set up IASO and get it to work and have been looking for help within the forums, I use the bass player as to play my music. I have a philips Ultimate Edge sound card which has 24bit. this has both the philips sound card driver and a WDM version i have the default set to the Ultimate Edge driver not WDM for both recording and output. I have the Direct sound selected in MP, I have installed IASO4all installed as well.

I have tryed alsorts of variations ect and seem not to be able to get it to work, i either get no sound at all or playing back like miss piggy because it plays too fast, if youe could just explain how i should set up ASIO so that at least i know that i am doing things right.

Thanks for any Help :D

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    stanik, ariyanto,

please PM me your email address and i'll send you a sample program.
    Most probably i need to discuss that with teh BASS people, but first i need to know how the sample performs.

thanks,

Helmut

Koudijs

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I performed some additional tests with svn build 12732 and the sample program.
    I also installed Asio4All since that is the driver used during development, I get different results for different combinations:

svn 12732 + M-Audio Revo5.1 ASIO driver
    - Speed too high
    - No sound from digital output

sample program + M-Audio Revo5.1 ASIO driver
    - Speed Ok
    - No sound from digital output

svn 12732 + Asio4All
    - Speed too high
    - Sound from digital output

Sample program +Asio4All
    - Speed Ok
    - Sound from digital output

So with the last combination I can play a wav file. I use a HDCD encoded wav file to check for bit-perfect playback. If my receiver shows the HDCD logo I know that the bits were unchanged. With the sample program I do not get bit-perfect playback, so somewhere in the process bits are still changed.

At this moment I use Foobar 0.8.3 with kernel streaming for bit-perfect playback, if I play the wav file this way the HDCD logo is displayed on my reveiver.

If I should generate a log file with a certain combination please let me know.

Jan

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Jan,

is the number of speakers reported correct, when you press settings in the sample program?
    If the sample plays correct with Asio4All, then this might indicate problems with the driver of the soundcard.
    the interesting thing is that the code used in MP and the sample program is identical.

looks i need to speak to the BASS people.

Hopefully they can find something.

thx,

Helmut

Koudijs

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The driver of my soundcard does not report the number of speakers, maybe because I am using the digital output.
    With Asio4All the number of reported speakers is 6, this is correct since it is a 5.1 card.

To check the ASIO driver of my card I will install the latest version of FooBar, I report the results later.

Jan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom