BBC iPlayer (UK) (2 Viewers)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I seem to recall, way back when I was still on WMC and TunerFree MCE, that something changed and therafter 4oD stopped working there. With MP and OV, sadly, 4oD and 4oD Web have never worked for me.:(

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I was using the radiotimes xml data for the TV guide but I think they've now stopped the service. I'll look into just scraping the current programme info from the iPlayer/ITVplayer website.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I was using the radiotimes xml data for the TV guide but I think they've now stopped the service. I'll look into just scraping the current programme info from the iPlayer/ITVplayer website.
    @Brownard That's a shame:cry:, as an alternative would it be possible to include the TV program guide pages with the Live channels so that those of us who do not subscribe to the RT have an idea of what is comming up.
    Also any chance of getting a BBC Channel 3 link working?;)

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    @Brownard That's a shame:cry:, as an alternative would it be possible to include the TV program guide pages with the Live channels so that those of us who do not subscribe to the RT have an idea of what is comming up.
    Also any chance of getting a BBC Channel 3 link working?;)
    I'll get some sort of guide working ;)
    BBC Three is online only now, it's just a collection of online programmes, there's no live stream (as far as I know)

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    I've updated iPlayer, guide data should hopefully now work. I also added the channels as categories so you can e.g. show only BBC 3 content.
    I'll look at fixing the ITV player guide soon.

mpsam

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2009
    @Brownard. Hopefully you can help. I am getting no url error for some of the olympic events. Football, Basketball and Beach Volley. The ceremonies are ok, but nothing else that I have tried worked. If you can find the time to take a look, it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    MPSam

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    @Brownard. Hopefully you can help. I am getting no url error for some of the olympic events. Football, Basketball and Beach Volley. The ceremonies are ok, but nothing else that I have tried worked. If you can find the time to take a look, it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    MPSam
    Looks like they are using MPEG-DASH for those streams which I don't think is currently playable by MP. I did also notice that there is a HDS stream available which the source filter seems to support but I couldn't get it to play, I've attached the manifest file and log in case @georgius or @offbyone can comment.

Attachments

• pc_hd_abr_v2_hds_master.zip
      688 bytes

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom