BBC iPlayer (UK) (3 Viewers)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Since last night I have not been able to view BBC 2 Live in OV (Connection is Lost and cannot Reopen"), all other BBC Live and Iplayer content seen to be working OK. BBC 2 Live is working fine via my browser.
    Anyone else seeing this?
    Same problem on a different PC running MP2, any chance someone could take a look at it?

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Looks like all the Live BBC channels have gone the same way as BBC2, none play as of yesterday 18-Mar-21:cry::cry::cry:. @Brownard any chance of fixing it??

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Looks like all the Live BBC channels have gone the same way as BBC2, none play as of yesterday 18-Mar-21:cry::cry::cry:. @Brownard any chance of fixing it??
    I have pushed an update for these so the streams should now work. I noticed the guide isn't working and the ITV player categories are also broken, but haven't got the time to fix these at the moment but will try and take a look at some point.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Brownard Very sorry to have to report that all BBC Live has gone wrong again.:( There seems to be a difference between MP1 and MP2:
    MP1:- BBC 2, News and Parliament do play but are 2 hours behind the actual Live stream, BBC 1&4 do not play at all "Connection Lost Cannot Reopen".
    MP2:- If I try and play BBC2 Live directly following a restart it does play but if I then try BBC 1 or any others I get nothing (no error) and then BBC2 won't play again either.
    Hopping you can fix it again.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Very sorry to have to report that all BBC Live has gone wrong again.:(
    The streams should hopefully be working again, however the 2 hour delay still exists :(.

Tagging @doskabouter as you look like you've done some work on the url source filter :D.
    The BBC iPlayer live hls streams don't actually start from the live point, it looks like they use the #EXT-X-PROGRAM-DATE-TIME tag to indicate the 'broadcast' time of the first segment, which seems to be 2 hours before the current time, i.e. the playlist starts 2 hours before the actual live point. On the iPlayer website you can skip back to the start of the currently playing programme when watching a live stream and this is obviously how that's implemented, but the source filter seems to ignore that tag and start from the beginning of the playlist, and doesn't allow you to seek forward. I had a look at the source and parsing for that tag does exist, but it doesn't seem to do anything with it. Any ideas on if this can be implemented or any workarounds? I guess ideally it would start playback from the actual live point and allow seeking backwards but that might be wishful thinking ;). I've attached an example playlist for reference.

Also, I get a missing reference to AudioPostEngine in OnlineVideosPlayer.cs with a fresh checkout of the OV source, it's fixable by adding a using MediaPortal.Player.LAV, but I haven't pushed that change as I wondered if you see it too or it's something my end?

In the meantime I'll hunt around and see if I can find a 'simpler' stream that doesn't have the initial 2 hour buffer.

Attachments

• main.zip
      4.8 KB

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The streams should hopefully be working again, however the 2 hour delay still exists :(.

@Brownard @doskabouter Confirmed on MP1 but definitely playing at current time on MP2:) Not sure what differences there are with the URL source filter but something for sure is different. It would be great if the skip to start could be enabled.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The BBC iPlayer live hls streams don't actually start from the live point, it looks like they use the #EXT-X-PROGRAM-DATE-TIME tag to indicate the 'broadcast' time of the first segment, which seems to be 2 hours before the current time
    I'll see if I can find anything.

Also, I get a missing reference to AudioPostEngine in OnlineVideosPlayer.cs with a fresh checkout of the OV source, it's fixable by adding a using MediaPortal.Player.LAV, but I haven't pushed that change as I wondered if you see it too or it's something my end?
    Hm, must have forgotten to commit something...
    Will check

@Brownard @doskabouter Confirmed on MP1 but definitely playing at current time on MP2:) Not sure what differences there are with the URL source filter but something for sure is different. It would be great if the skip to start could be enabled.
    That is really weird. don't know MP2 good enough, but I assume there OnlineVideos also uses MPUrlSourceSpliiter for getting the data.
    Are the mpurlsourcesplitter versions you used in MP1 and MP2 the same?

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    That is really weird. don't know MP2 good enough, but I assume there OnlineVideos also uses MPUrlSourceSpliiter for getting the data.
    Are the mpurlsourcesplitter versions you used in MP1 and MP2 the same?
    I really have no idea, as you know in MP1 the MPUrlSourceSplitter is a separate plugin, albeit normally installed with OnlineVideos however In MP2 OV and its associated URL sourcesplitter is included in the download and installs with MP2, it is not optional.
    I have attached a screenshot of the contents of MP2 MPUrlSourceSplitter folder looks quite old, hope that helps.

urlss.jpg

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I really have no idea, as you know in MP1 the MPUrlSourceSplitter is a separate plugin, albeit normally installed with OnlineVideos however In MP2 OV and its associated URL sourcesplitter is included in the download and installs with MP2, it is not optional.
    I have attached a screenshot of the contents of MP2 MPUrlSourceSplitter folder looks quite old, hope that helps.

View attachment 208327
    that is indeed quite old, I've since made some new releases, but nothing regarding your issue as far as I know.

can you do 2 tests for me?
    Checking with procexp which mpurlsourceplitter is actually used by MP1 and MP2 and give me the file dates of those? Sadly there is no versioninfo when you right-click the .ax...
    Or do you only have one mpurlsourcesplitter on your system?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom