BBC iPlayer (UK) (2 Viewers)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Is any of those channels freely available in the netherlands by any chance??

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is any of those channels freely available in the netherlands by any chance??
    I think Das Erste is, if I set up a vpn in Amsterdam it still plays (no geo-blocking. The BBC is definitely geo -blocked though.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @doskabouter it gets stranger,:eek: by default I use the x64 version of MP2 (MP 2.3.2) which plays Das-Erste at the current time but without audio (still the same today) however if I switch to the 32 bit version it plays 2 hours behind but the audio works, I had a quick check on some of the other live streams in this group and others also play without audio but not sure if the are current or minus 2 hours.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    That is indeed really strange. As far as I know, the only mpurlsourcesplitter that is released is a 32bit version.
    Are you sure you have the same url on your MP1 and MP2 system?

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Are you sure you have the same url on your MP1 and MP2 system?

I was talking about the same MP2 setup which has both a 32 bit and an 64 bit version inclusive in the install. When I run the x64 version it plays Das-Erste at current time but no sound but the x86 version plays - 2hours but with audio.
    Have you been able to play Das-Erste from the Netherlands?

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I can confirm here, das erste is indeed viewable and lags 2 hours (as far as I can see, because now tagesschau is running in mediaportal)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Finally understanding the code good enough to create a fix for it.
    Will update you when it's ready to be tested.

Still can't find any reason why MP2 would play it correctly though...

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Still can't find any reason why MP2 would play it correctly though...
    Strange, I just checked it again this morning with the BBC News which displays the time and the MP2 x64 is definitely playing at current time while the x86 version on the same install/PC is -2hours. As you say MP2 only has one version of the URL splitter maybe have a word with @morpheus_xx who did much of the work on the x64 bit version.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    According to @morpheus_xx , MP2 doesn't use the mpurlsourcesplitter at all (it uses LAV splitter directly), so that explains why it works there...
    Only thing I don't know is the exact reason for the creation of the mpurlsourcesplitter, I mean there has got to be something extra in it since LAV did exist at the time mpurlsourcesplitter was created...
    Edit: perhaps urls where extra params (referer, cookies etc) are needed...

Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Only thing I don't know is the exact reason for the creation of the mpurlsourcesplitter, I mean there has got to be something extra in it since LAV did exist at the time mpurlsourcesplitter was created...
    Ah, I think I have it! With the current version of MP2 downloading with OV does not work, I raised this issue during testing and @morpheus_xx told me to try registering the MPUrlSourcesplitter.ax which I did and it works but only for the 32 bit version. On my setup it is still registered so I guess my 32 bit version is using the MPUrlsplitter which is why I get the -2 hours.:sneaky:
    BTW I did a download from the BBC to test it was still working, it took about 10secs, on MP1 it is more like 10 minutes, ans idears on that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom