BBC iPlayer (UK) (2 Viewers)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    for reference: this is what georgius deemed neccesary for correct working in mediaportal...

So I'm a little bit hesitant to ignore that and use LAV instead...

Edit: otoh, it seems like a small programming task, but a big testing task... And who better to delegate it to than all of our users :imp:
    I might do that first and let it running here for a while. if nothing comes up then I think an onlinevideos release is in order (and way overdue anyways)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok, first small steps: switching to LAV instead of MPUrlSourceSplitter is rather easy.
    Only drawbacks that I see currently is that the MPUrlSourceSplitter is still needed for downloading and that LAV splitter doesn't have a queryprogress interface, so that swings the balance towards patching MPUrlSourceSplitter again...

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I think I have solved it.
    Unfortunately das erste is streaming something that I don't have the right to see so can't compare and test further.
    So can any of you test it?
    Just copy those files over the existing mpurlsourcesplitter (after backing up the old ones!)
    At my machine thats in C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\MPUrlSourceSplitter but if you have tvserver running too its somewhere else probably...

Attachments

• mpurlsourcesplitter.zip
      2.5 MB

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So can any of you test it?
    On a quick test with MP2 x86 on my desktop, (MP1 HTPC is in use) with the new UrlSplitter Das Erste is now playing at the correct time, I tried the BBC twice but MP2 crashed both times logs attached both attempts were after midnight 16-April). I will try on MP1 tomorrow morning and post again.

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2021-04-16-00.18.19.zip
      670.4 KB

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Looks to be the same with MP1, Das Erste plays at the current time but BBC crashes MP1, (after selecting the channel it shows 0% buffered for a while then it crashes to desktop (no errors or message displayed). Attached are logs showing Das Erste playing then a BBC crash, log file was new for this test..
    Not there yet but good progress.(y)

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_16_04_21__09_15.zip
      719.3 KB

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    thanks guys for testing!
    I suspect that it's some kind of null-ref thingy, I have to check that.
    That MP2 crashes really surprises me, I thought MP2 doesn't use mpurlsourcesplitter?
    Seeing the last entry in mpurlsourcesplitter.log: 11-03-2021 23:38:11.144 confirms this...

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Can you give this a spin with the BBC?
    Please backup your previous dll/ax and delete mpurlsourcesplitter.log before starting.
    After crash, please provide mpurlsourcesplitter.log

Attachments

• mpurlsourcesplitter.zip
      2.5 MB

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK tried that, but no go, nothing plays, also Das Erste, no errors or crashes, the screen goes black briefly then returns as before, no casche meter shown no hang nothing.
    I have attached the full error log for the session , tried with Das Erste and BBC, there doies not appear to be a seperate urlsplitter log.

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_20_04_21__12_07.zip
      701.7 KB

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    this one stands out: DirectShowUtil: Failed filter: MediaPortal Url Source Splitter not found MediaPortal Url Source Splitter
    somehow something has gone wrong...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom