doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok, here's another test...
    Reduced logging quite a bit, and if bbc doesn't work, I'd also like to have the onlinevideos.log and mediaportal.log becauase the stream seems to be downloaded correctly...

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think you have cracked it.(y)(y)(y):):):)
    That last one works, BBC Live playing at the correct time.:).
    I have attached a full log just in case you do want to check anything.
    I did notice that on both BBC Live and catchup content at the highest quality stream (1280x720) it plays OK for about 20 secs then gets sort of stuttery and stays that way (audio deeper and like underwater, video jumpy). It is NOT a problem with your update it is the same with the original version. No problem if the same program is downloaded also no problem with DAS Erste at 1280x720 (and all lower quality BBC streams play OK, so could be my internet though it used to work OK before the recent problems.
    Now the big test can you include an option to go back to the start of the program when it is already begun?;););)

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_24_04_21__12_52.zip
      993.2 KB
    Last edited:

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Further to the above, no problem with the stutter 1280x720 stream with MP2 x64 but same problem with MP2 x86 (MPUrlSourceSplitter registered) so not a problem with my internet I think.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Further to the above, no problem with the stutter 1280x720 stream with MP2 x64 but same problem with MP2 x86 (MPUrlSourceSplitter registered) so not a problem with my internet I think.
    that is probably due to differences between lav and mpurlsourcesplitter... that is going to be a real pain to improve that
    that is, if the they indeed run in sync (so same delay to the original stream)
    I'll finalize this changes, and do a proper release, so you can compare lav and mpurlsourcesplitter more purely

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Oh dear, something has changed with the released version. :( The stuttering after 20 secs is now present on all Live BBC streams, even the lowest quality, un watchable it is so bad, you can even see it in the time it takes to fill the cache buffer. Das Erste still plays OK. I went back to the working version in your earlier post and all is good again, just the 1280x720 stream with stutter. Tried again with the released version (MPEM) but same result. Currently running on the working version.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    well, that is indeed strange.
    can you delete the mpurlsourcesplitter.log, do a run with my testversion, move the log somewhere safe, do a run with the official release, and get me those 2 logfiles?
    Hopefully I can see some differences regarding stuttering...

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK both logs are attached, same channel BBC2 and same stream.
    UPDATE:-
    New test log attached, I forgot to delete the earlier one before taking the new one.

Attachments

• Release_MPUrlSourceSplitter.log
      795.4 KB
    • Test_MPUrlSourceSplitter.log
      2.1 MB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom