[solved] Beginner's questions: (1 Viewer)

astronaut

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you @ge2301 for the answers.

I just did a fresh install of MP2 (2.3.2) with standard GUI. I am not sure where "browse media" is suppposed to be. Went to "Sonstige", "lokale Medien", then selected the DVD in the local optical drive.

Result: The intro was a black screen with a grey horizontal stripe, audio was o.k. Then came the DVD menu which was visible with a grey horizontal stripe, but not really usable (no selection shown etc.). I somehow managed to start the movie, but there was only a black screen, sound was normal again. I repeated the test, same result.

Anything else I can do?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I’ll try to create a modified file set for you, that might help. I need just bring back the old MP version first, all my PCs have newer unreleased versions already.

astronaut

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey @ge2301, thank you very much for your initiative, but I can wait for the next official release with the fix, you don't need to make that much effort for my sake only. (y)

If you want testing, feel free to send me an update. (That was what I meant with "Anything else I can do".)

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Result: The intro was a black screen with a grey horizontal stripe, audio was o.k. Then came the DVD menu which was visible with a grey horizontal stripe, but not really usable (no selection shown etc.). I somehow managed to start the movie, but there was only a black screen, sound was normal again. I repeated the test, same result.
    This might be a codec issue (@joecrow this might also apply to your playback issues too). Can you confirm which codec you have configured for DVD playback in MP2? Go to Settings->Players->Codec->Video Codecs->MPEG2 Video Codec. I'd suggest selecting LAV Video Decoder if available.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This might be a codec issue (@joecrow this might also apply to your playback issues too). Can you confirm which codec you have configured for DVD playback in MP2? Go to Settings->Players->Codec->Video Codecs->MPEG2 Video Codec. I'd suggest selecting LAV Video Decoder if available.
    For me (MP 2 2.4) MPEG2 and everything else is set to LAV. I tried using the only alternative (MS DVD codec) but got the same result, i.e. intro plays normally and menu displays but I cant select anything or get any further.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    For me (MP 2 2.4) MPEG2 and everything else is set to LAV. I tried using the only alternative (MS DVD codec) but got the same result, i.e. intro plays normally and menu displays but I cant select anything or get any further.
    Yeah you'll need my latest fixes to get the menu navigation to work, I was referring to the black screen and general playback issues you and @astronaut were having
    but for me either the DVD playback following the initial intro. does not display the menu (blackscreen) and therefore is hung
    but if you've got LAV selected then I'm out of ideas ;)

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yeah you'll need my latest fixes to get the menu navigation to work, I was referring to the black screen and general playback issues you and @astronaut were having

but if you've got LAV selected then I'm out of ideas ;)
    Sorry the black screen was with a different DVD but as before was using LAV. Maybe @ge2301 can make the fixes available to me if further testing is needed or let me know when a new build with the fixes is available for download.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    LAV codecs were selected in my case as well.
    Did you have any other options in the list, might be worth trying one of those and seeing if it makes a difference.

astronaut

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tried both available codecs (LAC and Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder), same result. In VLC Player, I could play both DVDs without a problem on the same system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom