Best Dual DVB-C Tuner Card for Mediaportal? (1 Viewer)

jba_dk

Portal Member
April 23, 2011
Denmark
Home Country
I'm about to set up a 4 dvb-c tuner system with mediaportal, and am wondering what the best option for dual dvb-c tuner is?

Can anyone share any good/bad experiences with any particular brands?

J

joostzilla

I'm about to set up a 4 dvb-c tuner system with mediaportal, and am wondering what the best option for dual dvb-c tuner is?

Can anyone share any good/bad experiences with any particular brands?

Just have a look at the cards from Digital Devices. They work perfect and are incredibly easy to expand (up to 8 tuners)
It even offers multitransponder decoding. (One CI module for two tuners)
I myself use one Duoflex CT Octopus with CI module without problems. On the octopus its easy to just connect up to 4 Duoflex CT dual tuners. (although CI modules limit the total amount of tuners since they take up connections on the octopus. So in your case you might need:
- 1 x Duoflex CT octopus (pci express)
- 1 x Duoflex CT extension
- optional: 2 x CI module + 2 x CAM

ltb76

Portal Member
December 17, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I apologize for highjacking your thread, but I think I'm looking at the same setup as you.
I was actually looking at Digital Devices.
I'm only looking at a 4 DVB-C tuner setup and one CI modul, so I was wondering if I should go with the Cine CT V6 + a DuoFlex CT extension + the CI module.
As I understand the Digital Devices tuners should be able to share the CAM - however I have read a few places that it is not the case in MP, is this correct?

Has any one tried the Digital Devices cards with the Danish provider YouSee?

Cheers

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    As I understand the Digital Devices tuners should be able to share the CAM - however I have read a few places that it is not the case in MP, is this correct?
    CAM sharing support is provided by the DD drivers, not TV Server. The drivers allow each tuner to use the CAM to decrypt one channel... and this is also what TV Server allows.

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    CAM sharing support is provided by the DD drivers, not TV Server. The drivers allow each tuner to use the CAM to decrypt one channel... and this is also what TV Server allows.

Let me see if I understand this correctly. If I get a Cine CT + CI Module, will that be enough to record one (encrypted) channel while watching another (encrypted) one, or do I need a 2nd CI/CAM for this?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi rsbrux

Let me see if I understand this correctly. If I get a Cine CT + CI Module, will that be enough to record one (encrypted) channel while watching another (encrypted) one, or do I need a 2nd CI/CAM for this?
    Theoretically, yes - only one CAM needed. The tuners share the CAM and each tuner can decrypt one channel. The thing that I have noticed from people's comments on the forum is that some CAMs don't work well. If you get a good CAM then it will work nicely; if you get a bad CAM then you will have trouble. I'm not able to give a CAM recommendation for you as I don't use them except for testing (I watch FTA channels) and I don't own a DD card. Best to either buy a CAM from DD's website, contact their support department and ask about your existing CAM, or try to get advice from other people with the same CAM who already have a Cine CT.

mm

Users who are viewing this thread