better Integration Into Windows XP (1 Viewer)

hakuna

Portal Pro
October 15, 2004
Gothenburg
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Callifo said:
I sorta do like the idea as mine at the moment has MP to start at user logon and that you still see my batch file running in the background [before MP it finishes loading] updating the EPG.
Is the batch file in Startup-folder? Then edit the shortcut to say to start the window minimised?

Callifo

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 7, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Home Country
    Its a scheduled task so I dont have that option. Either way it worries me very little. I just said it would look nice, not a priority at all :wink:

DGMurdockIII

Portal Pro
    April 25, 2006
    Indianapolis, IN
    wertzui said:
    i still dont get why mce should be better integrated into windows than mediaportal.
    if you really use ur pc as an htpc, you dont want to see anythign else than mp. -> autostart with windows.
    if not, do not autostart with windows.
    so whats the problem?
    if you would liek to watch a movie, you would certainly do it on ur htpc, so mediportal is already running and does not need to start up automatically if a dvd is inserted.

so where is the "good" integration of mce?

Not mce better integrated into windows Media Portal

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Callifo said:
    Its a scheduled task so I dont have that option. Either way it worries me very little. I just said it would look nice, not a priority at all :wink:

Even though it worries you very little, a possiblilty would be to run it under a different users credentials. Then it will not show up at all.
    Just fill in the RunAs box and enter a password.

O

~ok|

please be kind with non english speaking members. Not everyone is fluent in english.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    <ok| said:
    please be kind with non english speaking members. Not everyone is fluent in english.

That was so funny! (but I guess they can live a country and not have a good grasp of that country's main language)

But in reality, it could be this person is not able to use the keyboard (has a physical handicap) and must use some other mehtod which prevents them from typing or creating gramerically correct sentences.

Just trying to give the person a break. At least they have not been rude or hostle like we have seen in the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 [News] MediaPortal 2 - 2.5 Release DE
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.5 MediaPortal 2.5 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    If the files are accessible on your network, which I guess they must be if PowerDVD can play them then you should be able to find them in MP2. See here for further info. Quote:- MP2 uses the concept of distributed media, but centralized information. This means that your media items can be anywhere - on your MP2 Server, on your MP2...
    If the files are accessible on your network, which I guess they must be if PowerDVD can play them then you should be able to find...
    I started experimenting with tuner cards and HTPC before Jack Valenti and his DRM-media Nazis ruined things with their HDCP and DRM...
    Replies
    Views
    Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in driving the development of an advanced HTPC software? Would you like new features get implemented faster? Well, then join us! What we offer: Almost unlimited creative leeway The possibility to closely...
    Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in...
    Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Standard Windows behaviour is that if you open a file in File Explorer that has an application associated with it the file will be displayed in that application. This does not happen with MP2. If I try to open a .ts file (or any other video file type associated with Media Portal) rather than displaying the recording it merely opens...
    Standard Windows behaviour is that if you open a file in File Explorer that has an application associated with it the file will be...
    Standard Windows behaviour is that if you open a file in File Explorer that has an application associated with it the file will be...
    Replies
    Views
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom