Black border on left side (1 Viewer)

tompaswe

Portal Member
January 16, 2006
Åsljunga
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Why do i get a black border on left side when i watch tv but not when i see a movie?
I have tried lots of different codecs...
Is this a bug or something wrong on my computer?

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    tompaswe said:
    Is this a bug or something wrong on my computer?
    It is almost certainly something wrong with your setup, but we won't know unless you provide more information - please use the Support Template , and describe what you are using as a display, and what things you have already tried to fix this...

tompaswe

Portal Member
    January 16, 2006
    Åsljunga
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Thanks i add now the support template.

Area: Media Portal Program
    MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC3$CVS-30.03.2006- 1:02:33,92
    (2006-03-30)
    MediaPortal Skin: mce
    Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
    .NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
    DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
    Audio Codec: NVIDIA Audio Decoder
    Video Codec: NVIDIA Video Decoder
    CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 - 2.40GHz
    Memory: 510 MB
    Motherboard: D845GBV (Intel Corporation)
    TV Card Model: PVR-250
    TV Card Type: Hardware
    TV Card Driver: Latest
    Video Card Model: Radeon 9250 (128 MB)
    Video Card Driver: Catalyst 6.3
    Video Card Resolution: 800x600
    Video Render Type: VMR9
    Audio Card Model: Creative Audigy Audio Processor (WDM)
    Audio Card Driver: latest
    Synopsis::

I get a black border on left side when watching tv but not when i watch movies.
    I have tried lots of different codecs but same result.
    Have done the screen calibration...
    I'm using a 32 ws tv as monitor.

WebKnight

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2006
    Akershus
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Did you find a solution to this problem, have the exact same with my setup (PVR500 and RADEON 9800SE Graphics card)

tompaswe

Portal Member
    January 16, 2006
    Åsljunga
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    yes i have tried stretch mode... buti guess the problem is my tv-card pvr-250?

It's only in tv-mode i have this problem.

scoop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2004
    Hi,

This is definitely a hardware/driver issue. I've always had this small black borders with my Hauppauge PVR-150MCE and now with my PVR500MCE as well. The original WinTV app doesn't expose this behaviour, probably because the app itself overscans the TV picture.

AFAIK the only thing you can do about it is to try to use ffdshow post-processing with TV and crop the picture. I've always had trouble with ffdshow so eventually I stopped trying. One thing I did notice was that the DScaler codec somehow does overscan the picture a bit, so with that codec the problem is less apparent.

Kind regards,
    Michel

Users who are viewing this thread