Black Glass Nova HD Skin 1.5.0 (1 Viewer)

famewolf

Portal Pro
June 7, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Is there a way to force mediaportal 1.4 final to use the black glass nova hd for 1.3 skin anyway? I select it in config...it looks like it's loading nova hd and then I'm in the titan skin when it finishes coming up.

Last edited:

Tgx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Have you already tried to change the "version" value to "1.4.0.0" in the references.xml file?

Tgx

famewolf

Portal Pro
    June 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Have you already tried to change the "version" value to "1.4.0.0" in the references.xml file?

Tgx
    Thank you. Thank solved the issue for me. I appreciate your rapid response.

*update* ended up reverting my mediaportal back to 1.3 via windows system recovery because mediaportal would tend to freeze at random times in mp tv series, moving pictures and showtimes plugin.

Last edited:

BushLin

Portal Member
    December 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Whenever you get the chance to update this skin for 1.4... that's when I'll keep the upgrade rather than reverting to my 1.2.3 backup, combined with the basic home editor I can't find a better interface.

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If someone is looking for an updated rating dialog for MpTvSeries ;)
    Otherwise you will have a freeze after your episode ends :p

famewolf

Portal Pro
    June 7, 2009
    Home Country
    If someone is looking for an updated rating dialog for MpTvSeries ;)
    Otherwise you will have a freeze after your episode ends :p

FreakyJ can you elaborate? For version 1.3 or 1.4? For which version of MPTV-Series?

The one thing I wish this skin did is when in movie "thumbnails" it would show a description of each movie as you settled on that "cover" instead of just the open space above the cover. Similar to this from another skin: https://www.team-mediaportal.com/components/com_mtree/img/listings/m/153.jpg

Last edited:

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    latest tvseries plugin in mp 1.4 ;)
    just used the skinfile and made it work with mp 1.4
    concerning your other request:
    I'm no designer and I really have no interest in fiddling around with skins :p

famewolf

Portal Pro
    June 7, 2009
    Home Country
    latest tvseries plugin in mp 1.4 ;)
    just used the skinfile and made it work with mp 1.4
    concerning your other request:
    I'm no designer and I really have no interest in fiddling around with skins :p

Sorry...the suggestion was more for tgx to consider for his NEXT skin so the blank space is not "wasted" and not a request for you to skin it now. Although if he DOES i'll be ecstatic but not holding my breath.

Last edited:

famewolf

Portal Pro
    June 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Tgx, have you abandoned mediaportal entirely or just stayed with 1.3.0 and not gone forward past that? If you've changed to a different engine a heads up to what you are using would be appreciated as your skins are a major part of why I'm using mediaportal.

Tgx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Black Glass HD svn is working ok with MP 1.5. I still have to test MP 1.6.
    You got the point! I'm sorry to say i'm not using MP as a client anymore.

My current home setup is MP as Tv Server. As central media hub, i'm using Plex. As a client i'm using XBMC with Plexbmc add-on. It's working pretty well. The Tv part is a little different from what we are used to with Mediaportal, but it works! The central db management offered by Plex is way better than Mediaportal. Everything is integrated: pc, apple iDevices, Android, macs... and more. I suggest you try it. This is particularly useful if you have many clients.
    I'm working on a skin for XBMC derived from Black Glass Nova HD and i'm almost ready to release it. It's an evolution of my Black Glass skins on Mediaportal.
    My next step will port the skin to Plex. It should be fast, since Plex for pc and mac is a customization of XBMC.

Thanks

Tgx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom