Blu-ray/HD DVD playback (1 Viewer)

Sutekh

Portal Pro
April 16, 2008
Home Country
Hi all,

Erm, maybe I missed something really obvious, but I can't work out how to use the new Blu-ray/HD DVD playback feature :oops:

I have added the two file types to MP, ticked MovingPicture's "Automatically import DVD" checkbox, confirmed that the internal player is to be used (I want to test this out).

How is this meant to work? I put a disc in and nothing happens. Is something meant to pop up on the screen? Tried Blu-ray, HD DVD and regular DVD within the MovingPictures section. Even tried to launch them by hitting Play DVD from the main menu (which just says Insert Disc, except with regular DVDs).

I have AnyDVD-HD in the mix and it is loading/decoding the discs fine. No issue playing with PowerDVD or TMT launched form the HD-Starter plugin of the Arcsoft launcher plugin.

I'm sure this is just user error...?

Sutekh

Portal Pro
April 16, 2008
Home Country
Yeah I did all that, the wiki was the first place I went. It's configured. I just can't work out how to PLAY them!

Dwarf

Portal Member
September 16, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I have a similar problem only that it wont play any regular DVD's. When i insert a regular dvd it says that MP is unable to play the regular DVD. In Mediaplayer 11 no problem. I have tried settng to different codecs. Does anyone have an idea? I would like to use Moving Pictures as a substitute for the regular video plugin.

THanks in advance guys.

Sutekh

Portal Pro
April 16, 2008
Home Country
So.. am I meant to be seeing a popup or something saying "Do you want to play this blu ray?" when I insert a disc? If so.. I don't get that, and it doesn't auto-start either way. Help!

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sutekh: Did you import your disc first in the configuration screen?
    It could be that moving pictures doesn't recognize it (currently it won't play then). If you insert a new disc in the GUI it will only do something when it's auto-approved.

In general..

The "heey it's not working" approach is getting a bit annoying.
    Please help us out and make some effort to report bugs/issues properly:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/moving-pictures-284/how-report-bug-44291/

We rather have duplicate issues in the tracker then multiple meaningless "it's not working" replies.

Sutekh

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Armandp: I wouldn't consider my questions a "heey it's not working" approach, I legitimately don't know how you are meant to play the discs once configured. And I've filed stacks of reports in google tracker for other issues (under the username 'grimness').

Having said that I think I might have worked it out on the walk to work today and the key was the word "import" whereas I was thinking more along the lines of "play". I can't confirm if I have or not, but I assume I probably need to add the drive letter of my DVD/Bluray drive to the Importer list of paths? That would be a logical answer to this problem if I indeed have not done that.

armandp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2008
    Zoetermeer
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sutekh: the general comment wasn't personal :p

Your BR drive should be added automatically. You should really try to put the disc in while you are in the Moving Pictures Importer (in the configuration) to check if the disc is being picked up by the importer (or is it already listed in the Movie Manager?). If the disc isn't auto-approved then there's your problem.. once approved it will playback from the GUI also. There are improvements pending for the autoplay behaviour.

marco_b

Portal Member
    February 10, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, same problem here:

I'm using MediaPortal 1.0 with Moving Pictures 0.7.1 and a LiteOn BluRay drive. When I insert a bluray disc (tested it with "Unsere Erde"), nothing happens. There is some activity because the drive LED is flashing every 5 seconds or so, but that's it. PowerDVD starts only because I configured it to auto start when a disc is inserted.

Tested importing the disc in the config screen, but nothing happens there either. I'm not able to configure my BluRay drive as an import source as MP says "this feature is set in the import from optical drives setting" or accordingly. I can't find the setting anywhere. So as an import source there's only my harddrive.

It would be nice, if there was any kind of "Play" button to play the disc, even if it's not detected/approved by the importer.

Any comments?

cu, Marco

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom