Blu-Ray / HD DVD plugin for Arcsoft player (2 Viewers)

diablosv

Portal Member
November 1, 2008
Home Country
total media theatre has gone from great to total crap in about 8 weeks. the "update" bug in their code started it. I upgraded to win7 and with version 2 and all latest patches, I have audio, but no video in the MCE player.

I downloaded a trial of version 3, it is hampered by dolby restrictions (but not powerdvd, wonder how they get away with it) so I get no sound with the full player. I applied the patch to this trial too. still no sound. MCE player does not work at all anymore on my system.

Really sucks.....

I wish powerdvd would make a plugin for MCE like arcsoft did....

You won't get any sound ever from the trial if it is dolby.
Try a dts film, that will work.

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
November 16, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Yes, I know that. But audio is not the problem. it is the crap software. Without me making any changes, I went from a working system, to a system with an annoying popup, to a system that does not work to play blu-rays. I made NO changes to my system during that period of time and this has all happened within the last 4 weeks or so. Response from Arcsoft has been poor and SLOW to resolve this issue. It is not just one system either. BOTH my systems are acting the same, one Vista, one Win 7. I used to have 2 Win7 boxes, but re-built one this morning with Vista to try and troubleshooot this issue more. still no working MC player. the other player works fine.

I am getting ready to try version 3 on vista to see what happens. not thinking it will work either.

kjd01

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 24, 2009
    I am not sure whether to post this here or in the bugs section for RC1. I have just upgraded to 1.1.0 RC1 and now have the following problem. It does not occur with 1.0.2.

Select a Blu_ray iso from My Videos. The iso gets mounted with Virtual CloneDrive. Mediportal gets minimized, but then instantly returns to full screen. Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre still starts and plays the movie. I then exit Arcsoft. The iso is still mounted so I then selected the Arcsoft Plugin directly from the Plugins menu and it minimizes Mediaportal fine and stays minimized. Arcsoft then opens and plays the movie. Mediaportal is not returned to full screen until I exit Arcsoft as it should be.
    Log is attached showing both these steps.

Also on a side note is it possible to have the plugin eject the iso from the Virtual CloneDrive when you exit back to Mediaportal.

Rasputin

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It is posible so change the background of TMT3 and is it normal that i cant controle TMT 3 if don't
    seletec the "put MP into background".
    Which Hotkeys fore "play" , pause, blu-ray pop up menu are supported?

Berns

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    Hello all.
    I'm using this plugin for the moment with TMT3 platinum. It works quite well. The executable I'm using is:
    C:\Program Files\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 3\uDTStart.exe

(I'm pretty sure one could get the same result using the multishortcut system)

I've set some options in playdvd.ini located at:
    C:\Users\<your user name here>\AppData\Roaming\ArcSoft\ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre 3\3.0

FullScreenAuto=1
    This sets TMT3 to hit full screen upon disc detection

WindowPos=0=0=1920=1050
    This sets TMT3 to use the full screen
    (tried to set the latest parameter to higher than 1050 but then it is modified upon first start to 1050 again)
    The parameters are:
    x top most left point position
    y tom most left point position
    -x bottom most right position
    -y bottom most right position

ShowMouseSolutionEnalbeDialog=0
    ShowMouseSolution=0
    These two parameters set the information about the mouse emulator within TMT3 to not try and show the mouse at all.
    (I find that mouse solution somewhat annoying)

I'm using a gyration 3101 remote and have mapped the clear button (that somehow is associated with the esc button on a regular keyboard) to eject the disc. As primary interface between my remote and all things that are happening on the PC i'm using eventghost.

Rasputin

Portal Pro
    January 13, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It is possible to change the background of TMT3 and the color of the "HUD"?
    Because the design doesn't realy fit into my StreamedMP style.

mlburgoon

Portal Pro
    November 16, 2006
    Home Country
    Berns,
    Why don't you jsut use the uMCEDVDPLAYER.exe? It is designed for mediacenters and provides full functionality. It is the .exe I use and have no issues.

Rasputin,
    I don't think you can change it in TMT3. If anyone knows differently, I would LOVE to know how as well.

Lolento

Portal Pro
    September 9, 2006
    Home Country
    Berns,
    Why don't you jsut use the uMCEDVDPLAYER.exe? It is designed for mediacenters and provides full functionality. It is the .exe I use and have no issues.

Rasputin,
    I don't think you can change it in TMT3. If anyone knows differently, I would LOVE to know how as well.

Is it possible to load uMCEDVDPLAYER.exe in the secondary screen instead of the primary?

kthomasen

Portal Member
    October 4, 2005
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm having a slight problem with this plugin. I'm using 1.1.0 rc1 on vista sp1 when starting it causes the screen to go blank for about 10-15 seconds as if there's no signal and when TMT3 does open up it's giving me an overlay error. Originally I thought it may have been a nvidia driver problem so I've rolled the drivers back 3 or so revisions without any success. TMT works fine outside of mediaportal. Any ideas/help/pointers would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Berns

Portal Pro
    July 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    rasputin,
    I've looked at various locations on the net to find out how to change the background. The hints on there are incomplete, and so I'm living with this inperfection
    If you want to find a way out of it, keep us posted. I gave up, as I don't have time for the moment to search on it. (google for TMT3 splash)

mlburgoon,
    To be able to re-program the mce buttons on my gyration 3101 remote, I had to disable the MCE functionalities on my Vista SP1. This has an effect on my usage of TMT3. I also will have to live with this inperfection. When I have to choose to use my superb remote versus not having the menus at startup of TMT3 I'm going for the remote functionality.

Lolento,
    My PC only has one screen, a 1920x1080 p lcd TV. I know it is possible to use the MCE version of TMT3 but did not try it, as it won't even start on my machine. (see answer to mlburgoon above)

Kthomasen,

I've been led to think that when one installs mp on a vista, the system sets mediaportal-configuration-direct show filter control-video render settings to Enhanced Video Renderer (EVR). I had trouble with this setting on and reverted back to Video Mixing Renderer (VMR9), and this solved a few issues on black screens on odd and less repeatable incident occasions. Maybe it can help for you. Who knows?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom