Blu-Ray / HD DVD plugin for Arcsoft player (3 Viewers)

collaborator

Portal Pro
October 2, 2007
Basel
Home Country
Turkey Turkey
Could you provide the link for english version of article ?

@Frantid:
My 780 board with HD3200 chipset is doing well atm. But with new features for BlueRay or better video quality, I think the end is reached.
I saw a nice test about building an HTPC with a 780 board. There they said that they didn't want to use an extra GPU but finally they bought one and had a big success.
Perhaps you can translate it with google: Lautloser HTPC im Eigenbau: Blu-ray, HD DVD und HDTV vereint : Widerstand ist zwecklos

Important info is that they suggest buying a Sapphire Radeon HD 2400 XT HDMI. Its cheap (70 €), has HDMI output with sound, is passivly cooled, and powerful enough.

If I shall do some performace tests with my system let me know.
greets,

Thanks for the reply, I found an English version of the article - very interesting. I think you are correct, for an HD dvd/Blue-ray htpc any current integrated graphic solution may not be enough. If I wasn't doing Blue-ray, my setup would be fine. HD dvd works okay. According to the tests, integrated solutions do not support HD at it's best. For the money I've spent on this htpc, 70 Euro is not that much more.

frantid

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Is there anyway to autoplay blurays with this plugin?

Please check the first post :) It will be done after MP 1.0.1 will have autoplay support for Blu-Ray / HD DVD disks. The reason why I don't add it to current version is that I'm not planning to write duplicate code. So, you have just to wait for MP 1.0.1 getting released.

SwissBuster

Portal Pro
    June 27, 2008
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland

Please check the first post :) It will be done after MP 1.0.1 will have autoplay support for Blu-Ray / HD DVD disks. The reason why I don't add it to current version is that I'm not planning to write duplicate code. So, you have just to wait for MP 1.0.1 getting released.

I was going to post a similar question to diablosv: have I missed something and is blu-ray playback now integrated in MP? This thread suggests it is now, but I'd missed that major upgrade! :eek:

I'm using PDVD8 for blu-ray playback.

Double

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 2, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    is there any possibility to place the Plugin-Starter into the Basichome Menü of the StreamedMP skin ? (with the Editor) ?. Can`t find a file for the Plugin in the Editor ( i think, because there isn`t any XML for the Plugin) ?

Sorry for this bad language :rolleyes:

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

I was going to post a similar question to diablosv: have I missed something and is blu-ray playback now integrated in MP? This thread suggests it is now, but I'd missed that major upgrade! :eek:

Blu-Ray / HD DVD wont be integrated into MediaPortal, at least in non-near future (as there aren't available all the required directshow components that we would need).

However MediaPortal 1.0.1 will be able to send autoplay notifications of HD DVD / Blu-Ray disks to the 3rd party plugins (like this Arcsoft player plugin).

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    is there any possibility to place the Plugin-Starter into the Basichome Menü of the StreamedMP skin ? (with the Editor) ?. Can`t find a file for the Plugin in the Editor ( i think, because there isn`t any XML for the Plugin) ?

Sorry, I have no clue. If its possible to place other plugins as well then there shouldnt be any difference with this plugin. For better answer you should ask the same question from the skin author.

SwissBuster

Portal Pro
    June 27, 2008
    Geneva, Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    MediaPortal 1.0.1 will be able to send autoplay notifications of HD DVD / Blu-Ray disks to the 3rd party plugins (like this Arcsoft player plugin).

Will this include PDVD8? This is all I need... MP to launch an external player, play the movie, and then switch back to MP when done.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    MediaPortal 1.0.1 will be able to send autoplay notifications of HD DVD / Blu-Ray disks to the 3rd party plugins (like this Arcsoft player plugin).

Will this include PDVD8? This is all I need... MP to launch an external player, play the movie, and then switch back to MP when done.

If someone writes a plugin then yes :) What MP 1.0.1 will be doing is that its just detecting Blu-Ray / HD DVD disk insertions and then sending a global message that plugins can use to launch the player.

Actually you could probably use this Arcsoft player plugin to launch PowerDVD as well, but you might need to use some extra tool to

1) maximize PDVD
    2) provide remote control support

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom