Blue screen with MP2 (1 Viewer)

DavidC

Portal Member
December 19, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,

I am having problems. :-(

I attempted to install MP2 from the download page but it was failing as it was trying to install DirectX.

I found a link to another version, MediaPortal-2__origin__WiP_SR15_U1_v4__2015-08-03--17-01 (if that's any help). Now, this version installed but once I tried to tune the tv card, it blue screened, then blue screened every time after sign in... I had to quickly stop server from toolbar and it stopped blue screens.

I uninstalled it and then re-installed (Run as Admin) the version that I was having DX problems with. This now installed properly. I guess the second version installed DX fine, didn't remove when uninstall, so first version is now using the DX.

My system.
Brand new Lenovo Z51-70, Window 10 64bit, 16GB ram.

My TV card.
winfast dtv dongle gold bda filter (This is according to the Mediaportal 2 TV config)

I have tried moving the card up to Priority 3 (out of 3). I have set my country and location to UK and Nottingham and attempted to scan for channels.

Bang. Blue screen.

Restart, doesn't crash on restart like second version I tried installing. So, back into TV config. I run it as Admin tick all the check boxes for the card, set it to Nottingham UK and scan again.

BANG. Blue screen.

It starts scanning... but it says no signal. The last scan, it got to tp4 and within a second or so, it blue screened.

The light on my card doesn't come on.

This worked fine in Media Center on Win 7.

Any clues?

Thanks.

DavidC

Portal Member
December 19, 2015
Home Country
Just tried it again, with the settings that morpheus_xx showed me. The only setting was to change it to dvbt from generic.

Ran a scan again, no light, no signal, no quality... but went all way through but found nothing.

Changed aerial, ran scan again, then bluescreened.

Log files attached.

Thank you for your help so far.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    @morpheus_xx
    Could this be an IP address binding isssue?
    I ask because

[2015-12-19 14:39:43,692] [5243 ] [TVService] [INFO ] - C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\SlimTVCore\v3.0\gentle.config
    [2015-12-19 14:39:43,692] [5243 ] [TVService] [INFO ] - Controller: using SQLite database connection: Data So
    [2015-12-19 14:39:43,708] [5259 ] [TVService] [INFO ] - Controller: local ip address:192.168.56.1
    [2015-12-19 14:39:43,708] [5259 ] [TVService] [INFO ] - Controller: local ip address:192.168.0.4
    [2015-12-19 14:39:43,817] [5368 ] [TVService] [INFO ] - Controller: server running on David-Lenovo

DavidC

Portal Member
    December 19, 2015
    Home Country
    .56.1 is my Oracle Virtual Box host only network. Virtual Box is not running.
    .0.4 is my wifi lan adapter.

Just in case that will help...

DavidC

Portal Member
    December 19, 2015
    Home Country
    More information...

I checked what my local transmitter should be and it turns out it is UK Waltham.

I have changed the TV Scan to Waltham and tried to scan for channels.

This time, the light comes on on my dongle. However, it gets to 1tp, waits a few seconds and then blue screens. This time, it blue screened with...

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

DavidC

Portal Member
    December 19, 2015
    Home Country
    Finding more info... if it will help.

The dongle looks like this

The dongle has WS DVBTM3 written on it, so I searched for that and came up with the page above. (Had to remove the URL as the forum thinks it's spam. Search google for the model and it's the 4th result)

Windows is reporting it as the Winfast, which I am assuming is not correct, and this could potentially be the cause of the blue screen.

This worked fine on Media Center on Win 7.

Any more clues on how I can fix this would be appreciated.

Thank you.

DavidC

Portal Member
    December 19, 2015
    Home Country
    Just to add further to this...

It seems like a conflict with MP2 and the driver and not the dongle.

My dongle is no longer plugged in, but my laptop is now bluescreening when starting up. If it restarts and I don't log in, the laptop is fine... the moment I log in, it bluescreens. If it restarts and I login, then I have a chance to stop the service, it does not bluescreen.

So, as it is without the dongle, then it appears MP2 has a conflict with that driver.

The blue screen error has changed though. Something to do with a pointer.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    As far as I can find information on manufacturer homepage your tuner was designed for Windows XP. It also has drivers available for Vista but only for x86 systems. As your Windows 10 is x64 the x86 drivers won't work properly at all...
    In my understanding it only is a waste of time trying to get this old hardware running on brand new system... Especially as a new one can be as cheap as 15€

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom