Blue Vision (4 Viewers)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @ge2301 I noticed that this change (https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2/commit/6a7fbd641e60b2f947dd6dd31cea330ef2ef8eea) introduces huge stuttering of video playback on my low-end HTPC graphics. This is especially visible in the TV MiniGuide when watching TV.

I'll revert those 2 files locally, but I think we should find a resource saving solution.
    Oh, I was sure that the Solution is not the best, but I didn't expect such performance problems. What I made xaml based can be written in a few lines #C I think. Then the performance should be ok hopefully. Just a volunteer is needed :)

riggnix

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The "currently playing" view blocks title and description. Maybe moving it to the right corner would be smarter. That way only not so important informations like ratings are blocked.

Attachments

• got_screenshot.PNG
      got_screenshot.PNG
      2.4 MB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The "currently playing" view blocks title and description. Maybe moving it to the right corner would be smarter. That way only not so important informations like ratings are blocked.
    Yes, this is known. It's on the ToDoList, but requires some changes in the base code by a dev at first. For details see below point 5.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/blue-vision.129477/page-81#post-1142815

The plan is similar to WMC. There will be a "currently playing" button in the group menu (only sisible if an MediaItem is playing). Pressing this buttom brings the user to a screen with the Player Controls in the button and MediaItem details in the center. Player Controls won't be visible in other screen anymore then, so no more overlapping.

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Last edited:

riggnix

Portal Pro
    September 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    The plan is similar to WMC. There will be a "currently playing" button in the group menu (only sisible if an MediaItem is playing). Pressing this buttom brings the user to a screen with the Player Controls in the button and MediaItem details in the center. Player Controls won't be visible in other screen anymore then, so no more overlapping.

Does this apply to the player controls only or to the complete view (e.g. the running MI)? I really like how the MI is displayed in the menus, so maybe someone finds a way to show it without blocking...

edit: somehow screwed up the quote tags ;)

Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have pushed a new branch for testing the "currently playing" button: https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2/commit/3a5a06aefb62

Let me explain my idea about this:
    • The HomeMenuModel now listens for PlayerManager messages (player started/ended....).
    • If there is any player message, the GroupMenu will be rebuilt and a new button will appear (note: I currently copied TV image, needs to be replaced!)
    • If you click the "currently playing" button, the HomeMenuModel.IsPlayerActive property will be set to true
    • I now set the main content area's visibility depending on this property. If it is true, I show the player controls in this area
    • Selecting any other button will hide the "currently playing" (player control).
    Note: I didn't use the real "currently playing" screens of the player, because we would need to leave the workflow state into CP. And this one depends on the active player. So for now this is a first try to move around the player controls. Ofc we can leave the player controls in footer, I used it only as example!

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have pushed a new branch for testing the "currently playing" button: https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2/commit/3a5a06aefb62

Let me explain my idea about this:
    • The HomeMenuModel now listens for PlayerManager messages (player started/ended....).
    • If there is any player message, the GroupMenu will be rebuilt and a new button will appear (note: I currently copied TV image, needs to be replaced!)
    • If you click the "currently playing" button, the HomeMenuModel.IsPlayerActive property will be set to true
    • I now set the main content area's visibility depending on this property. If it is true, I show the player controls in this area
    • Selecting any other button will hide the "currently playing" (player control).
    Note: I didn't use the real "currently playing" screens of the player, because we would need to leave the workflow state into CP. And this one depends on the active player. So for now this is a first try to move around the player controls. Ofc we can leave the player controls in footer, I used it only as example!
    Sounds great (y) I have to try it later to see it once and report

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    With Win10 theme seems not to work.
    I have overlappings in Home, when MI is selected. I see the "Playing" screen with TV symbol, but can not press it.
    Going to try it with BV Default now.
    Unbenannt.jpg

EDIT: With BV Default theme it works! Need to check what you modified and add it by time to Win10 theme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom