Bluetooth HID device (playstation3 BD remote) (5 Viewers)

Melloware

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
OK I managed to add PS3 support in Intelliremote with full functionality of all buttons to map to whatever you want. A keyboard event, a mouse movement, run an application etc. I have vista and the default Bluetooth tray application that comes with vista. Here is how to pair it using the MS Bluetooth stuff.

1. Make sure you have a Bluetooth adapter for your PC.
2. Go to Control Panel >> Bluetooth Devices and click "Add" a new Bluetooth Device
3. Hold down START + ENTER keys on the PS3 remote to begin the syncing process.
4. Check the box next to "My device is set up and ready to be found", then "Next"
5. Click on "BD Remote Control", and then click "Next"
6. Select "Don't use a passkey", then click "Next".

That's it....paired and Intelliremote receives its signals just fine!

sIRwa2

Portal Member
September 9, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
i got the feeling that de remote disconects very fast, when i was testing to get it pairing, i have the feeling it disconects after 5 sec / min? same as the first button press, i feel a slight lag as it connects, after that its really responsive

1. Make sure you have a Bluetooth adapter for your PC.
2. Go to Control Panel >> Bluetooth Devices and click "Add" a new Bluetooth Device
3. Hold down START + ENTER keys on the PS3 remote to begin the syncing process.
4. Check the box next to "My device is set up and ready to be found", then "Next"
5. Click on "BD Remote Control", and then click "Next"
6. Select "Don't use a passkey", then click "Next".

yhea, i guess thats all there is to it.. lol

Melloware

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Home Country
i got the feeling that de remote disconects very fast, when i was testing to get it pairing, i have the feeling it disconects after 5 sec / min? same as the first button press, i feel a slight lag as it connects, after that its really responsive

In testing yesterday i had no problems. Once it was paired it stayed paired and it was very very responsive. I have built in Bluetooth on my HP Pavillion Laptop. Is it possible it is your Bluetooth dongle causing the problems?

Overall I am really impressed with this remote.

cheetah05

Portal Pro
April 9, 2006
London
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom

In testing yesterday i had no problems. Once it was paired it stayed paired and it was very very responsive. I have built in Bluetooth on my HP Pavillion Laptop. Is it possible it is your Bluetooth dongle causing the problems?

Overall I am really impressed with this remote.

Ditto the same for me - it stays constantly connected and there is very responsive. I am using an inbuilt dongle too...

sIRwa2

Portal Member
September 9, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
oke. first, i ignore what i said about losing conection, i was mistaken. i guess it does stay's connected all the time..
second, from all key's that i can choose from, where's "page up" "page down"? what keyboard layout did you use? some fancy multimedia board or laptop i guess ;)

i did a quick layout for movie and home screen, its not finished for all remote keys, and, i really dont know where to put the volume keys..
there are some key's you let me use like "select" "execute" and being non english speaking i dont know what key's they represent, and some keys like: = i dont know what name it has.. (maybe a "learn mode" is a posibilitie?) or a way to simplefy the list?

other than that, im really quickly configured it and now im going to do some testing.. it really feels like a solid wel build pluging, cant find any bugs or nag's

Great work, cant thank you enought :D :D :D

cheetah05

Portal Pro
April 9, 2006
London
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
oke. first, i ignore what i said about losing conection, i was mistaken. i guess it does stay's connected all the time..
second, from all key's that i can choose from, where's "page up" "page down"? what keyboard layout did you use? some fancy multimedia board or laptop i guess ;)

With regards to the keys, that just me being lazy with the programming, so I have just used someone elses code, when i get some time I will change it to something more sensible, but I'm pretty sure that all the keys are covering somewhere in that list.

I don't actually use MP, I use Vista MCE, but I was creating the same plugin for Vista MCE so it wasn't too hard to port to MP.

Yeah, I'm using a laptop :)

i did a quick layout for movie and home screen, its not finished for all remote keys, and, i really dont know where to put the volume keys..
there are some key's you let me use like "select" "execute" and being non english speaking i dont know what key's they represent, and some keys like: = i dont know what name it has.. (maybe a "learn mode" is a posibilitie?) or a way to simplefy the list?

I initially tried to create a learning mode, but couldn't figure out how to do it efficiently and this way was just easier :p....may look at it again in future. But once you have spend the time to create the layout its pretty easy from there and people can share the layouts etc....

other than that, im really quickly configured it and now im going to do some testing.. it really feels like a solid wel build pluging, cant find any bugs or nag's
Great work, cant thank you enought :D :D :D

Glad to hear it. If you do find any bugs, let me know - make sure you post your MP logs too so i can see if there is anything wrong there.

Melloware

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Home Country
I have the Intelliremote BETA with PS3 and Nintendo Wiimote Bluetooth support so you can use your PS3 remote or your Wiimote to control MP or anything else you might like including MCE, Winamp, ITunes, PowerDVD. I don't know why you would want to use a Wiimote but someone asked for it. :)

I really like the PS3 Bluetooth remote but I am shocked there are not Volume Up, Volume Down, and Mute buttons?

Anyway anyone interested in giving it a try the BETA is available here: Download

Taropsyche

October 25, 2006
Home Country
seeing this post made me want to get a ps3 remote just for this. When I tried it out for myself, I ran into some problems. The Remote itself connects no problems, however even after I configured it and go into media portal, it doesn't accept my commands. Im not sure whats wrong with it. As to the issue with the remote staying on, that can be fixed my pressing and holding the PS key for about six seconds and it will disconnect itself like on a real ps3. ^^

UPDATE: So I figured out that I just needed to update my drivers on my dongle. However, now when I try to use mediaPortal with the remote, it crashes . . . . .
This thing just doesn't like me -_-'.

Melloware

Portal Pro
October 26, 2007
Home Country
Taropsyche,

If you want to tell whether your PS3 Remote is configured correctly you can download and application from our forums called USB Tester. It is actually included with the Intelliremote installed and is called HID Tester. If you run HID Tester and press buttons on your PS3 Remote you will see output if it is configured correctly and no output if it is not. This may help diagnose why you are not seeing anything happen in MediaPortal.

sIRwa2

Portal Member
September 9, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
i found that MP only crashes when you push a button on the remote that is not assigned.. try assigning all remote keys to a commnd. (i used one that mp does not use -> "PRIOR")

btw. tnx for the tip on shuting down the remote, very helpfull.. to bad the remote dont have a light or bleep it see what its doing.. (still great app)

Cheetah: we really need to change the avalible commands, to make it more user friendly.. No more " PRIOR OEM_PERIOD and stuff..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom