BluRay with MP and PowerDVD (1 Viewer)

Choostopher

March 12, 2011
Home Country
Will this ever be installable by the Media Portal Extension Installer as I can't get this to do anything so far?

eagle

Portal Pro
September 25, 2004
Unterfranken
Home Country
Germany Germany
Choostopher

this is not a real "plugin". It's only a script controlled by multishortcut.dll. As I'm not familiar with creating an installer, I don't know whether it is possible to build one. Maybe somebody will do it one time :)

@all

At the moment there is no MP-1.2-compatible mutlishortcut. So I cannot create a new HD_Starter.dll. I have a look at it and as soon as possible I will provide one.

eagle

Chluz

Portal Member
April 20, 2011
Awesome work. I'm using this to play bluray discs though the basic home shortcut, as well as play backed up bluray images through the moving pictures external bluray player launcher.

Just one thing, I used the latest HD_starter source file I could find from the previous thread, and made two modification for MCE remotes and ati graohics card :

- the page back key does not exit powerdvd anymore, only the backspace (equivalent to clear button on my remote) exits powerdvd. This is because I kept pressing back while navigating the powerdvd menus whilst watching a movie, and then the whole thing would exit; kind of annoying. Actually, if the powerdvd exit button could be changed from the 'clear' (backspace) button the the big green round mce windows flag button that would be even better, but i don't know how to do that (at the moment, when you press that button it relaunches mepo whilst powerdvd is still playing)

- the refresh rate now changes back to 50Hz right before relaunching mepoi and right after exiting powerdvd (it uses hotkeys ctrl + shift + 4 or ctrl + shift + 5 for 24Hz and 50 hz respectiveley. These need to be set in teh ati catalyst software)

Source and exe are attached. Just replace the HD_Starter exe you had previously copied to :\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows\

Attachments

• HD_Starter Mod.rar
    324.6 KB

onkel.dittmayer

Portal Pro
February 23, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: BluRay with MP and PowerDVD

I also use HD_Starter with PowerDVD10. And I would like to let a bluray automatically play after inserting instead of pressing a menue-button. At the moment, when I insert a disk (DVD or Bluray), it comes the message to play the medium or not. In case of DVD and clicking YES the internal player starts but in case of bluray nothing happens. I have to press the PLAY_BLURAY_BUTTON (-> HD-Starter...). Or is it possible to let the message come up only for DVDs (internal player)?

domb

Portal Pro
October 30, 2006
Re: AW: BluRay with MP and PowerDVD

Its technically possible but not with this plug-in at the moment. I think they changed a lot with media detection in 1.2 beta and stuff like blu-ray detection either doesn't work or has been changed so the commands no longer work.

eagle

Portal Pro
September 25, 2004
Unterfranken
Home Country
Germany Germany
Re: AW: BluRay with MP and PowerDVD

In case of DVD and clicking YES the internal player starts but in case of bluray nothing happens.

the difference is that DVDs are played by MP nativly. As the internal player isn't able to play BluRays we have to do some workaround. This is what HD_Starter does. It's a script that stopps MP and starts PowerDVD to play BluRays.

MP won't be able to play BluRays natifly in the near future

eagle

eagle

Portal Pro
September 25, 2004
Unterfranken
Home Country
Germany Germany
thx kuku

Haven't found it yet because I was on holidays. I'll have a look at it. But it will last till thursday.

eagle

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom