[confirm] - Bring back "restart un resume" functionality | Page 7

Discussion in '1.4.0 Pre-Release' started by Requiem, May 28, 2013.

1. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

mm1352000 Development Group

Ratings:
    +8,221 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Kui

Your understanding is not correct.
    In the past this problem has been solved by setting the TV Server configuration option: "delay in seconds before TVServer detects cards".
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ration/06_General#Delay_for_TV_card_detection

This has nothing to do with the restart after resume option for MediaPortal.

In fact, in MP 1.5 we added dynamic tuner detection. That means the tuner should be detected when it is ready. There should be no need to set the "delay..." option; no need to restart TV Server; definitely no need to restart MediaPortal.

Regards,
    mm
    :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

mm1352000 Development Group

Ratings:
    +8,221 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello nobru26

Have you tried using the Comm. delay setting?
    Otherwise, same comments as for greybox's problem: this can almost certainly be fixed with code if a developer decides to take up work on the plugin.

This issue is being worked on. There were already improvements in MP 1.4. Next step is to detect dynamic resolution changes.

Sorry, not sure what you mean.

As explained for Kui: restarting MP will do absolutely nothing to help a tuner problem... and we already made improvements in MP 1.5.

My understanding is that the restart on resume option was originally added to solve a problem with NVidia GPUs. Scythe said he solved the problem in MP 1.4, and that is part of the reason why the option was removed. So, if you have this problem with MP 1.4+ it should be reported.

So far, yes. :)

I can see that you're frustrated. However, I think this is quite an unfair statement. As you can see we are producing new releases much more quickly than in the past. We're always working to solve the problems that are reported. If you don't report, the problem won't be solved. Simple as that.

No, probably not... but do you really think that everyone wants to have to enable "restart on resume" to fix their problems? Do you see other software or hardware with "restart on resume" options? I say no and no. If MP is well designed then it should "just work".

Maybe, if bugs are reported.

If other software can do it then why can't MP? :)

mm

• Like Like x 2
  4. Kui

Kui Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Home Country:
    Finland Finland
    Show System Specs

Hi,

Thanks mm for you answer.

After you said that, i will try new MP version soon (perhaps today even :)).
    I use that delay for TV card option, ive set it to 18 second i recall, but without restart after sleep, the TV server has crashed randomly and/or sometimes the connection to TV server has been lost --> closing TV service from task manager has done the trick those times.

I also use the "Wait X seconds before MP starts", that way my MP has worked basically 100%.
    But nice to know there have been improvements, and will deffinately give it a try after you said that!

But still, could it be possible to make a poll on somewhere forums about bringing the restart function back anyway, as very many seems to miss that option (not perhaps me anymore, but many other users ;))..?

I still feel if big amount of users wants it back, then it should back.. Some uses it, some not, but still the option for it would be there...

No offence mm, i understand your point too on this subject, and thanks for the hint you gave me. ;)

Thanks,
    Kui

5. wizard123
    • Team MediaPortal

wizard123 Design Group

genius
    Ratings:
    +2,919 / 11
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    "Or give us a script to run to make it thank you."
    i posted a batch script long ago which does the restart on resuming just set as a sheduled task so whats the problem ?

6. CypherMK
    • Team MediaPortal

CypherMK Test Group

Ratings:
    +617 / 3
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    Or why not use eventghost to restart mediaportal?

• Like Like x 1
  7. elliottmc
    • Premium Supporter

elliottmc Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +5,503 / 13
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    Restart after sleep only restarted MediaPortal, not the TV server, so this can not be related. You may need to use an even longer delay if your cards are not working quickly after waking.

Honestly, there is so much of this that is outside of the control of MediaPortal, but the reasons for having this extra setting in the first place have gone away with bug fixes.

It is always possible that there will be one or two users that will benefit from this setting, but I suspect there are better ways to fix the problems they are experiencing.

8. harryzwo

harryzwo Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +64 / 1
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Show System Specs
    i use the Hauppauge Nova-T 500 DVB-T too. and had also this problem.
    For that reason i use GMPS as sheduler. There are lot of capabilities to adjust the HTPC.

9. nobru26

nobru26 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    France France
    Hello,
    Yes I tried the comm delay with minidisplay, and I can say that this solves 80% of problems, from time to time it still freezes.

Another problem with minidisplay is when starting to record (without amplifier or TV) it says nothing on the screen and then nothing when starting TV, but you can conciderer here that it will not solve the problem because the PC is already started for recording.

Sometimes at retarting from standby, the screen remains freezed at HOME (near 5 minutes), and suddenly the PC returns into standby ....

Rare problem with Imon and remote .... no response

I tried searching without success the famous script, but I can not find the post in question, help?

The most frustrating thing is that doing the update, no indication saying that the option was removed, that was my surprise?

Thanks

10. wizard123
    • Team MediaPortal

wizard123 Design Group

genius
    Ratings:
    +2,919 / 11
    Home Country:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!