BSOD when scanning channels analog Cable HVR-2255 (F111) (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again André

Please use the MediaPortal Watchdog tool with option 3 to collect log files. I need the Windows system and application event logs which the Watchdog collects. Note that the Watchdog also collects the TV Server log files when TV Server is installed on the same PC.

Noise672

Portal Member
    August 9, 2015
    Montreal
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi mm,

Just an UPDATE:

I did not get any BSOD for one week. All is good. Thank you.
    The 257141_TVLibrary1.12_analog_VBI_disabled fixed my probllem.

Regards

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks again André

As mentioned previously, Hauppauge have identified a fault in the tuner's driver. We hope that Hauppauge will agree to fix the problem, but we don't know how long it will take (all depends on how busy their engineers are, how complex the problem is etc.). I will provide status updates in this thread as soon as I have more information and/or a new tuner driver for you to test.

Noise672

Portal Member
    August 9, 2015
    Montreal
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thank you.

Is CC1 part of VBI ? Should I stop trying to get closed capture to work ? I get no teletext or cc1.
    I have activated MPconfiguration\TV Post Processing\Core CC Parser and Line 21 Decoder filters.
    Also, I have set MPconfiguration\TV/Radio\TV\Subtitlesettings to Enable CC subtitles, and set fra, fre to prefered languages.

I have no CC1 in MP1, but I do in MCE.

Regards

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Is CC1 part of VBI ?
    Yes, closed captions for analog TV are carried in the vertical blanking interval information. Closed captions for digital TV are carried differently.

Should I stop trying to get closed capture to work ? I get no teletext or cc1.
    It is difficult to give a straight yes/no answer with the information I have available to me.

First, I don't think teletext is available/used in the US or Canada, so you shouldn't expect that to work.

Much of the information about closed captions and MediaPortal can be found in this thread:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/north-american-closed-captions.89487

A short and incomplete summary would be to say that closed captions will only work if:
    1. Your cable provider is broadcasting CCs for the given channel and program.
    2. MediaPortal must be configured correctly. Configuration is described in our wiki (manual) -->here<--.
    3. The video codecs you use for TV (configured -->here<--) must support CCs. Not all video codecs do support CCs. The "Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder" is one codec that does; ffdshow and Cyberlink should as well; I'm not sure about LAV.

If you think you've met these conditions and closed captions still don't work then you could post log files so we can check the situation.

Noise672

Portal Member
    August 9, 2015
    Montreal
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Good day mm,

My question is about 257141_TVLibrary1.12_analog_VBI_disabled.
    If VBI is disable, Would CC1 still be available ?

I did not succeded to display CC1.

1. Your cable provider is broadcasting CCs for the given channel and program... Yes I get CC1 in MCE.
    2. MediaPortal must be configured correctly... I have configure MPconfiguration\TV Post Processing\Core CC Parser.
    After this, I have the option to turn on CC1 in mediaPortal context menu. But still no CC1 displays.
    3. The video codecs you use for TV... I have set The MPEG2 video decoder to "Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder"

CC1 is not a big issues for me. But.
    I will provide you with logs if we think the patched TVLibrary.dll is not the culprit.

Thanks and regards

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    My question is about 257141_TVLibrary1.12_analog_VBI_disabled.
    If VBI is disable, Would CC1 still be available ?
    I already knew that. The same answer I already gave applies regardless of whether you're using the patch or not. You can try to go back to the unpatched TVLibrary.dll, but I don't think it will make any difference.

Noise672

Portal Member
    August 9, 2015
    Montreal
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Happy holiday :)

I have updated with MediaPortalSetup_1.13.0_Final.exe, and BSOD are back, so I have replaced TVLibrary.dll again.

The 257141_TVLibrary1.12_analog_VBI_disabled fixed my probllem on 1.13 as well as it did on 1.12.

Thank you all.

P.S. The update process went perfectly good without any other issues.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Happy holiday :)
    Many happy returns to you! :)

I have updated with MediaPortalSetup_1.13.0_Final.exe, and BSOD are back, so I have replaced TVLibrary.dll again.

The 257141_TVLibrary1.12_analog_VBI_disabled fixed my probllem on 1.13 as well as it did on 1.12.
    Yes, that's exactly the right thing to do. (y)

P.S. The update process went perfectly good without any other issues.
    Excellent.

P.S. Sorry, no news from Hauppauge yet about a driver update. They've been able to reproduce the problem outside MediaPortal (a good thing). Now we just have to be patient and hope that they'll be able to schedule time for their developers to find and fix the problem. From what I've been told, all HVR-22** series tuners - 2200, 2205, 2210, 2215, 2250, 2255 etc. - are affected.

kensiko

Portal Member
    September 30, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hey I have the same issue, on Windows 10 Creator update x64. Just bought the card. I completed 128 channels and it BSOD !! Now it BSOD on channel 1, odd. The TVLibrary diesn't seem to work on Mediaportal 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom