BSOD when scanning channels analog Cable HVR-2255 (F111) (1 Viewer)

kensiko

Portal Member
September 30, 2010
Home Country
Canada Canada
I didn't answer yet as mm135 seems a bit frustrated. Just wanted to know if MP2 was worth the trouble to contact hauppauge.

We would need to define lag to know if the lag I'm taking about is a lag for you. It could be just fine. WMC would be just faster.

Envoyé de mon Nexus 4 en utilisant Tapatalk

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I didn't answer yet as mm135 seems a bit frustrated. Just wanted to know if MP2 was worth the trouble to contact hauppauge.

We would need to define lag to know if the lag I'm taking about is a lag for you. It could be just fine. WMC would be just faster.

What is the risk to contact Hauppauge? :) It takes you just one mail, so you loose 10-15 minutes. This is also the time people spend here to help you.
    Of course there won't be new drivers tomorrow, but without feedbacks Haupauge will for sure not do anything.
    MP2 is not laggy, but I guess also MP1 isn't if everything is properly installed. If the one or other product needs more resources I can not say as I do not use MP1.

kensiko

Portal Member
    September 30, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Ok look how long to change a channel for you on a client over lan ?

Noise672

Portal Member
    August 9, 2015
    Montreal
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    4 seconds over the LAN or 4 seconds also within the same machine (Win 10 Client/Server).
    So the LAN doesn't seems to slow things down.

kensiko

Portal Member
    September 30, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Now this is what I was talking about. Windows Media Center takes 1 second. With my previous HDHomeRun, which is a different technology, was as fast, LAN or Wifi. WMC is simply amazing. I do like MediaPortal, but WMC is on a different level.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MP2 needs 1.5 seconds, just tested it 10 times in a row. 4 seconds is far too long :confused:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    If the lag that you're talking about is actually channel change speed, there are many many things that can cause slower-than-necessary channel change speeds.
    MP2 is unlikely to be significantly and consistently faster than a properly configured MP1 setup.
    In other words: if you have a problem with MP1, you're likely to have a problem with MP2 as well.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    MP2 needs 1.5 seconds, just tested it 10 times in a row. 4 seconds is far too long :confused:
    You're probably comparing a digital channel change (DVB-C/S/T or ATSC) with Noise672's analog channel change. Not a fair comparison. Analog will be slower than digital. Four seconds is relatively slow for digital... but not for analog.

kensiko

Portal Member
    September 30, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Ok that settles it, I'll stay with mp1. I just successfully made epg works, great tools available !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom