BSOD when scanning channels analog Cable HVR-2255 (F111) (1 Viewer)

Noise672

Portal Member
August 9, 2015
Montreal
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi, I am now running MediaPortal 1.17 on Windows 10 update creator x64.
I had to use the The 257141_TVLibrary1.12_analog_VBI_disabled on every MediaPortal update.

All is good on MediaPortal 1.
Buona fortuna

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ok so mediaportal 2 won't work at all ?
    You can't use the patch I provided with MediaPortal 2, and I don't intend to provide a patch for MediaPortal 2.

Please complain to Hauppauge. Ultimately the source/cause of the problem is in their driver. They know about the problem because I've reported it to them. So far they've chosen not to do anything about it, which in my opinion is unsatisfactory. However, I can't force them to act. Only the weight of many people complaining is likely to have any effect.

kensiko

Portal Member
    September 30, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I set up mediaportal1, can I upgrade to mp2 now that my channels are scanned ?

Envoyé de mon Nexus 4 en utilisant Tapatalk

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I set up mediaportal1, can I upgrade to mp2 now that my channels are scanned ?
    MP1 and MP2 are completely different. You can't upgrade from one to the other. Also, the BSOD problem applies to all scenarios, not just when scanning.

So, like I said in my previous reply: my advice is to contact Hauppauge.

kensiko

Portal Member
    September 30, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Ok I see.

I can contact Hauppage of course, but I don't have that much hope. I wanted something to work fast and MP1 does it, it's just laggy mainly on the client side on another computer. Is MP2 laggy also ?

FYI I got Windows Media Center working just fine without any hack.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...it's just laggy mainly on the client side on another computer.
    MP1 is not intended to be that way. If your experience is that it's laggy, my suspicion would be that your setup is sub-optimal in some way or other. Maybe you haven't configured something properly; maybe your network connection is wireless and not very good; maybe... maybe... maybe...; I could waste a lot of time speculating. In my opinion you'd be best advised to tackle the situation head on. Start a thread on the forum; specifically describe the circumstances in which you experience lag; provide log files. That is your best chance of finding out (a) what's causing the lag, and therefore (b) whether it can be solved, and finally (c) how it could be solved.

Is MP2 laggy also ?
    That's an impossible question.
    You've given zero specific information about the circumstances under which you find MP1 to be laggy. Therefore, I cannot have any idea about the cause of the lag. Finally, because I don't know the cause of the lag, I haven't got a hope of saying whether MP2 might also be laggy for you in the same circumstances.

FYI I got Windows Media Center working just fine without any hack.
    I don't doubt that you did. Hauppauge almost certainly test their tuners with WMC [because it's the most common/popular HTPC software for TV tuners], whereas unfortunately it's much less likely that they specifically test with MediaPortal. Given that they test with WMC and not with MP, it's no surprise that an issue that is present in MP may not be present in WMC. Any issues that Hauppauge found in testing WMC would obviously have been fixed, right?

To respond in another way...
    It feels like you're saying to me that if WMC works with the same tuner, the problem must in some way be MP's fault. My response would be that I've investigated and Hauppauge have admitted in responses to my emails that the source of the problem is in their driver. WMC may or may not trigger the problem because MP and WMC support different feature sets, and even the common features aren't necessarily implemented the same way.

In short: to me this is a side-track. There's no point in debating whether the problem is MP's fault. Hauppauge have admitted fault; sadly they haven't fixed their fault, and quite frankly it really annoys me because it makes MP look bad.

Anyway...
    Either you use MP, you accept that there is a problem in Hauppauge's driver which causes a few issues, and you do whatever you have to do to get a solution to (or workaround for) that problem.
    ...or you use some other software such as WMC.

The choice is yours. Use whatever software suits you. :)

If you choose to use MP1, I've provided a patch and I'm here to help you work through any other issues (such as the lag thing) that you may encounter. :)

Noise672

Portal Member
    August 9, 2015
    Montreal
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    FYI,

I have no lag with MediaPortal 1.
    I run a Client Kodi on Android TV Box to a Windows 10 server. This is my daily environment.
    Run good also using Windows 10 MedialPortal client on One seat client/server.
    All is good.

Let me know if you need more info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom