Bug and Problem Reports (1 Viewer)

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
September 29, 2015
Home Country
Germany Germany
Good to see some improvements in Pre2, including part of what I mentioned earlier in this thread.

But the of CH+ CH- missing buttons is still there (sometimes they pops out but they do nothing)

zvj8p.png

The mouse usage w/o them becomes really unpleasant.

Not sure maybe that's a problem connected with resolutions lower than 1920x1080 (or aspect ratios different from 16/9) I use, but I expect they work even if the skin is a bit stretched.

Thanks in advance for your attention.
I think the buttons you mention are the chapter buttons for video files. The appear only, if a video has chapter as far as I remmeber.
There are no channel buttons indeed, would be good to add them though :)

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think the buttons you mention are the chapter buttons for video files. The appear only, if a video has chapter as far as I remmeber.
    There are no channel buttons indeed, would be good to add them though :)
    Thats correct. I'll take a look, but can not promise until MP2.1 Final.

The Solutor

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Thats correct.

Mmmm...

Please take a look to the rightmost image (an image I have uploaded earlier because a different problem)

m8eflk.png

The buttons are actually there, and that IS Live TV, NOT a record, nor a downloaded video.

So case:

#1 The buttons are there but not functional, which is a bug

#2 The buttons shouldn't be there, but they are, which is a bug anyway, a different bug but still a bug

Anyway whichever is the intended behavior, the expected behavior is to have them and to have them working.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Mmmm...

Please take a look to the rightmost image (an image I have uploaded earlier because a different problem)

m8eflk.png

The buttons are actually there, and that IS Live TV, NOT a record, nor a downloaded video.

So case:

#1 The buttons are there but not functional, which is a bug

#2 The buttons shouldn't be there, but they are, which is a bug anyway, a different bug but still a bug

Anyway whichever is the intended behavior, the expected behavior is to have them and to have them working.
    Hi,
    it's not intended behaviour. I don't use MP2 with TV regularly, so I didn't face it yet.
    Skin wise it's designed in the way, that the buttons are only visible, if they have a function: IsVisble="..."
    <Button x:Name="PreviousChapterButton" Style="{ThemeResource PreviousChapterButtonStyle}" Margin="0"
    IsVisible="{Binding Source={StaticResource VideoPlayerModel},Path=PlayerUIContributor.ChaptersAvailable}"
    Command="{Command Source={StaticResource VideoPlayerModel},Path=PlayerUIContributor.PrevChapter}"/>
    <Button x:Name="NextChapterButton" Style="{ThemeResource NextChapterButtonStyle}" Margin="0"
    IsVisible="{Binding Source={StaticResource VideoPlayerModel},Path=PlayerUIContributor.ChaptersAvailable}"
    Command="{Command Source={StaticResource VideoPlayerModel},Path=PlayerUIContributor.NextChapter}"/>
    <Button x:Name="RecordButton" Style="{ThemeResource RecordButtonStyle}" Margin="0" Command="{Command RecordDialog}"/>
    <Image Source="PlayerControl\DIVIDER.PNG" Height="35" Stretch="Uniform" VerticalAlignment="Center" Margin="3,0,3,0"/>
    <Button x:Name="StopButton" Style="{ThemeResource StopButtonStyle}" Margin="0" IsVisible="{Binding CanStop}"
    Command="{Command Stop}"/>
    <Button x:Name="SkipBackButton" Style="{ThemeResource SkipBackButtonStyle}" Margin="0" IsVisible="{Binding CanSkipBack}"
    Command="{Command Previous}"/>
    <Button x:Name="RewindButton" Style="{ThemeResource RewindButtonStyle}" Margin="0" IsVisible="{Binding CanSeekBackward}"
    Command="{Command SeekBackward}"/>
    <Button x:Name="PlayButton" Style="{ThemeResource PlayButtonStyle}" Margin="5,0,5,0" IsVisible="{Binding CanPlay}"
    Command="{Command Play}"/>
    <Button x:Name="PauseButton" Style="{ThemeResource PauseButtonStyle}" Margin="5,0,5,0" IsVisible="{Binding CanPause}"
    Command="{Command Pause}"/>
    <Button x:Name="ForwardButton" Style="{ThemeResource ForwardButtonStyle}" Margin="0" IsVisible="{Binding CanSeekForward}"
    Command="{Command SeekForward}"/>
    <Button x:Name="SkipForwardButton" Style="{ThemeResource SkipForwardButtonStyle}" Margin="0" IsVisible="{Binding CanSkipForward}"
    Command="{Command Next}"/>
    <Image Source="PlayerControl\DIVIDER.PNG" Height="35" Stretch="Uniform" VerticalAlignment="Center" Margin="3,0,3,0"/>
    <Button x:Name="SelectTitleButton" Style="{ThemeResource ShowDvdMenuButtonStyle}" Margin="0"
    IsVisible="{Binding Source={StaticResource VideoPlayerModel},Path=PlayerUIContributor.TitlesAvailable}"
    Command="{Command Source={StaticResource VideoPlayerModel},Path=PlayerUIContributor.OpenChooseTitleDialog}"/>
    <Button x:Name="SelectSubtitleButton" Style="{ThemeResource SelectSubtitleButtonStyle}" Margin="0"
    IsVisible="{Binding Source={StaticResource VideoPlayerModel},Path=PlayerUIContributor.SubtitlesAvailable}"
    Command="{Command Source={StaticResource VideoPlayerModel},Path=PlayerUIContributor.OpenChooseSubtitleDialog}"/>
    <Button x:Name="Audio" Style="{ThemeResource AudioActiveButtonStyle}" Margin="0"
    IsVisible="{Binding IsAudio}" Command="{Command AudioButtonPressed}"/>
    <Button x:Name="VolumeDownButton" Style="{ThemeResource VolumeDownButtonStyle}" Margin="0"
    Command="{Command Source={StaticResource GeneralPlayerModel},Path=VolumeDown}"/>
    <Button x:Name="VolumeUpButton" Style="{ThemeResource VolumeUpButtonStyle}" Margin="0"
    Command="{Command Source={StaticResource GeneralPlayerModel},Path=VolumeUp}"/>
    Now it seems, that for TV it doesn't work, because perhaps the VideoPlayerModel is the wrong reference.
    @morpheus_xx Shall I delete the not needed buttons from the PrimarySlimTvOSDStyle?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Shall I delete the not needed buttons from the PrimarySlimTvOSDStyle?
    I didn't notice that you have added buttons. So generally speaking, the original style had all required buttons, not more not less.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I didn't notice that you have added buttons. So generally speaking, the original style had all required buttons, not more not less.
    I don't remember, if I added something. So that means, I can delete the not usable buttons.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I couldn't remember that I added any buttons, so I checked older skins. They contain the same buttons, so it's something ever existing.
    So is it really a mistake and I should remove them in all skins? Or is something else broken and thats why the buttons are wrongly visible? As they refer to a VideoPlayerModel I do not see any connection to TV.

Example: Reflexion Skin

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As they refer to a VideoPlayerModel I do not see any connection to TV.
    TV is only one kind of video player, so the reference to VideoPlayerModel is ok.

I couldn't remember that I added any buttons, so I checked older skins. They contain the same buttons, so it's something ever existing.
    The quoted buttons are correct and should be visible when Subtitles/Chapters are available. (i.e. for recordings the support for Comskip "chapters" has been added)

So I might still not have understood completely what the buttons discussion is about in detail?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So I might still not have understood completely what the buttons discussion is about in detail?
    The point was, that there are buttons, that have no function. In TV I can not forward or backward, but the buttons are visible. Thats what I assume from the screenshot above.
    The buttons are there but not functional, which is a bug
    @The Solutor could you exactly specifiy where which button is not expected. Thanks.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Good to see some improvements in Pre2, including part of what I mentioned earlier in this thread.

But the of CH+ CH- missing buttons is still there (sometimes they pops out but they do nothing)

zvj8p.png

The mouse usage w/o them becomes really unpleasant.

Not sure maybe that's a problem connected with resolutions lower than 1920x1080 (or aspect ratios different from 16/9) I use, but I expect they work even if the skin is a bit stretched.

Thanks in advance for your attention.
    Done. You'll now have "+"/"-" Buttons to tune to previous or next channel next to recording button. Also the recording button works now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom