Bugs and improvements (incl. themes) (1 Viewer)

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Thanks, that did the trick...

Offers a lot of new possibilities for the menu design.. As Example some "empty" buttons with text only..
    Zwischenablage-1.jpg

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There are some missing translations in the localisation files.
    E.g. there is only "Episodes", "Series" is completely missing. Currently not so critical, but after MIA rework implementation we would need a clear seperation in the header texts.
    • "Media.SeriesItemsHeader" --> "Series" (currently "Episodes", which is wrong)
    • "Media.SeasonItemsHeader" --> "Season"
    • "Media.EpisodesItemsHeader" --> "Episode"
    • "Media.AlbumItemsHeader" --> "Album"
    • "Media.AudioItemsHeader" --> "Audio"
    Some LabelTexts as e.g. "FirstAiredOn" for episodes are fully missing.

The translations are here: https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...ools/Transifex/Cache_MP2/Media/strings_de.xml

How can and should I change localisation files? I have a list of missing strings.
    My idea is to add them together with further points from MIA rework.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Translation always have to be placed in the plugin which makes originally use of them, here it is the Media plugin.
    And only the English sources are included in the plugin, all translation are coming only via the Transifex online service.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Translation always have to be placed in the plugin which makes originally use of them, here it is the Media plugin.
    And only the English sources are included in the plugin, all translation are coming only via the Transifex online service.
    Can I add the changes in my branch to the MediaPlugin or shall I create a new branch only for this, where we collect all additions?

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I found some minor issues:

"Currently Playing" for TV doesn't show player controls and style doesn't match the others:
    upload_2016-3-5_17-40-21.png

I find the progress bar style too "fat", maybe you could make it a bit thinner? Another idea: we once had also the "next program" visible inside the list view. We currently would have enough space to show the next program.
    upload_2016-3-5_17-40-42.png

A lot of warnings are logged (remember to check the log ;)):

[2016-03-05 17:37:14,624] [322301 ] [InputMgr ] [INFO ] - WorkflowManager: Screen 'RecordingsShowItems' successfully shown
    [2016-03-05 17:37:14,662] [322339 ] [AMQ 'ScreenManager'] [WARN ] - RowDefinitionsCollection: Invalid cell span 4 in cell 1; valid range is 1-1
    (compare https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2/commit/c4d13fe40229f741f5c881587462da4f00201d00) (DONE)

[2016-03-05 17:38:03,528] [371205 ] [InputMgr ] [INFO ] - WorkflowManager: Screen 'SlimTvClient-programsearch' successfully shown
    [2016-03-05 17:38:03,539] [371216 ] [AMQ 'ScreenManager'] [WARN ] - ColumnDefinitionsCollection: Invalid cell span 3 in cell 0; valid range is 1-2 (DONE)

Edit:
    And the "[Games.Title]" from latest media in home tab should be removed until there is a real solution to extend this screen. (DONE)

Last edited by a moderator:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    "Currently Playing" for TV doesn't show player controls and style doesn't match the others:
    It had never player controls in last versions, because they are only in Currently Playing Screen ;)
    I'll overwork the design, I missed this screen.

A lot of warnings are logged (remember to check the log ;)):
    Will correct those. (DONE)

I find the progress bar style too "fat", maybe you could make it a bit thinner? Another idea: we once had also the "next program" visible inside the list view. We currently would have enough space to show the next program.
    I made it thinner. Better? It has the same thickness as the scroll knob, I don't want to make it thinner.
    main.jpg

Regarding NextProgram I'd need to create a new style. Let me take a look...

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Win 10 Theme:
    The "unwatched" indicator is not aligned. (DONE)
    upload_2016-3-5_17-54-9.png

It also has the issue:
    [2016-03-05 17:53:25,914] [261963 ] [DX Render] [WARN ] - CommandBaseMarkupExtension: Could not find method, could not execute command ({Command Source=MediaPortal.UiComponents.BlueVision.Models.HomeMenuModel,Path=OnScreenShow})
    I thought I had removed all ocurrences of this call? Please find and remove all OnScreenShow calls. The method does no longer exists. (DONE)

News: (DONE)
    text is not scrollable, I fixed this in https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-2/commit/bb8009bef439462d924d0ffe32568d812ef9fc3a, but I'm afraid you made a copy of this screen again. Did I ever mentioned not to copy screens ;) (you need a <ScrollViewer CanContentScroll="False" Grid.Column="0" Grid.ColumnSpan="2" Grid.Row="1" HorizontalScrollBarVisibility="Disabled" Focusable="True" Margin="0,0,10,0"> around the text)
    upload_2016-3-5_17-57-20.png

Sorry for posting so many issues, but I think they can be quickly fixed

Last edited by a moderator:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The screenshot was taken from the TV CP screen (BV default).
    It should look like this with the CP icon in group menu.
    zz.jpg
    But the player controls also do not appear there :( I don't know why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom