Bugs\Enhancements - StreamedMP (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
March 27, 2008
The Issue Tracker

We use the Issue Tracker at our Google Code page for tracking both bugs and enhancement requests. If you have either, this is where you should be heading. Before you head over there though, please read through this guide as it will help you become more familiar with our process.

To begin with, to report a bug or a request an enhancement on the Issue Tracker, you need a Google account. It is free and quick to sign up. I'm sorry this is just how it is. If you really don't want to create a Google account, that is okay, you can post here on the forums. But this requires a skinner or someone else to transcribe your request into the Issue Tracker, which means there is a chance it could get overlooked and it is a certainty it will take the developers longer to get to your issue. Skinners decide what to work on based on the Issue Tracker's priority listings.

Submitting Bug Reports

If you have found what you feel like is a legitimate, undocumented bug in Streamed MP , you should create a bug report on the Issue Tracker. You should keep the following points in mind though when creating or deciding to create a new issue:

The Issue Tracker is not technical support. If you have a question about how to use the plug-in or how to get it working with your setup, this probably should be posted in the forum. If MediaPortal crashed, there are error messages in your log file, or something is clearly not working as intended, then you should create a new issue on the Tracker.

The Issue Tracker has a great search function. Please use it before you create a new bug report, as it is very possible you are not the first to experience the problem. If an issue already exists and you feel you have something to add, post in the thread for the issue.

If you want to be kept up to date on an issue, click the star next to the issue on the list. Once you do this you will receive email updates as the status of the issue changes. This also serves as an indicator of the need from the user base for an issue to get fixed. Basically a way to vote for the priority of the issue.

When creating your bug report please explain the issue clearly and if possible include a screenshot of the bug.

Also a bug report won't be accepted if you aren't running the latest Builds of the plugins as they come bundled with the installer.

Making Enhancement Requests

For feature requests, as mentioned above, we also use the Issue Tracker. If you feel like you have a great idea, by all means please create a new Enhancement Issue in the tracker. When making a new issue please use the Enhancement Request Template selectable from the drop-down at the top of the new request page (the default if you click the above link). And when making requests, please keep the following things in mind:
As mentioned before, the search function on the issue tracker is very good. Please use it.

hermy65

Portal Pro
January 11, 2007
Im having issues with TVseries, to my knowledge I have followed everything in the tvseries setup to a T, even with that, when i try it in list view it looks like its squeezing the series poster into a series wide banner and then shows nothing on the list for shows. any ideas?

mattsk88

Community Skin Designer
March 27, 2008
Im having issues with TVseries, to my knowledge I have followed everything in the tvseries setup to a T, even with that, when i try it in list view it looks like its squeezing the series poster into a series wide banner and then shows nothing on the list for shows. any ideas?
Screenshot would be helpful, are you using default layout or fanart layout?

hermy65

Portal Pro
January 11, 2007
sorry, im at work so no screenshot for awhile....i am using the default layout. when i get home i can upload a screenshot.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia

I assume you are using MP 1.0 with default layout for TVSeries, this is again another control visibility issue that cropped up between RC4 and MP 1.0.

We have a modified version of core.dll which we will post here that fixes this issue, you can download here: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ix-tvseries-issues-mp-1-0-a-50868/#post347969

red5goahead

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 24, 2007
    Italy, North West
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    please note this problem.

1) I enter in tvseries

2) select a series and an episode and play it.

so far so good.

3) when the stop the play.
    I return to previous screen.

now the background is not present

but the major problem is I return to previous one

all icons are disappear. sometime returning to main screen i got a complety blank screen. and sometimes the
    home page is empty.

note this problem is present only with MP renderer set to vmr9 exclusive mode or not exclusive mode either.
    with evr there is no problem.

I'm under Vista 32 bit business.

edit: tried with official core.dll and modded one. no difference.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I believe this was fixed by patch added in the last SVN, but the side effect was it was crashing on Resume From Standby/Hibernate on some systems. So this was rolled back before MP1.0 was released. It seems another soln will need to be found (You could try the core.dll found in the last RC4 release to see if that is ok for you).

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ure-handling-change-rc3-rc4-48712/index2.html

Damien

knukkel

Portal Member
    August 11, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Problems with my weather

Hi,

I Have a problem using my weather. I did a fresh install of MP 1.0 and StreamedMP 0.3.270. When I enter the my weather plugin, MP freezes. In the mediaportal.log a message is written continuously. The message is:

2008-12-26 10:33:57.968750 [Info.][MPMain]: Exception :Fout in de toepassing.
    -2005530516 (D3DERR_INVALIDCALL)
    bij Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.BeginScene()
    bij MediaPortalApp.Render(Single timePassed)
    2008-12-26 10:33:57.968750 [Info.][MPMain]: Exception :Fout in de toepassing.
    2008-12-26 10:33:57.968750 [Info.][MPMain]: site :Void BeginScene()
    2008-12-26 10:33:57.968750 [Info.][MPMain]: source :Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D
    2008-12-26 10:33:57.968750 [Info.][MPMain]: stacktrace: bij Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.Device.BeginScene()
    bij MediaPortalApp.Render(Single timePassed)

In MP 1.0RC4 with StreamedMP 0.2.219 there was no problem.

Hope someone can help.

Ed

tamvegas

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    My Music and playlist access

A minor issue in MyMusic under StreamedMP.
    At the first screen in MyMusic, going to the right hand menu and clicking on either Current Playlist or My Playlists does nothing. Once you have played a song and right-clicked it to "Add to Current Playlist", the the Current and All Playlists become active and bring up the widow listing all Playlists.
    I have found that when I activate the "One Button Playback" plugin and hit "Play" from the Main Menu before going to My Music, then all Playlists are accessible.

This behavior existed before installing "One Click Playlist". One Click is a convenient work-around to the issue.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom