C.All - enhancing LCD and themes (Official Thread) (1 Viewer)

Dirk23

Portal Pro
May 28, 2006
Fulda
Home Country
Germany Germany
You made a Plugin for Mediaportal and you dont use Mediaportal, how does this Work together??

I googled a long time and found nothing for Mediaportal and C.all. There is a Mediaportal plugin called External Display, maybee this one is like i want it, but it doesnt support my GLCD.

Thank you for your patience

Dirk

HdWagner

Portal Pro
June 4, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
I made this plugin for Meedio as well (C.Mee) and I don't use Meedio ;-)

Actually every HTPC software sucks, so I don't use any of them. C.All was just a proof of concept: Can a Meedio plugin converted to a MedioPortal plugin?

Cheers!

darksoul666

Portal Member
December 29, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Dirk23 itif its your AlphaCool display your talking about then it works with External Display all you have to do is to copy the .dll file from lcdhype\controller and in my case alphacool_usb_display240*128 it should be the same for you unless you have changed the folder name ..... put it in mediaportal\plugin\process\lcddrivers ... and now you can select it from the list in the plugin ..... en heres something you should look at if you want to at som graphics to the screes https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/showthread.php?t=1709&page=79 ..... or direct download link http://chli.zapto.org/public/MediaPortal/ExternalDisplay.zip just replace the .xml file with the one in the mediaportal folder

Dirk23

Portal Pro
May 28, 2006
Fulda
Home Country
Germany Germany
Yes it's the Alphacool 240x128 i'm using. And now, as you told me, i can select the display in External Display, but the Display doesnt show anthing, it doesnt even light up. And when i start TV Medaiportal doesn't react anymore. When i close Medaiportal the Display lights up for second or less. Whats the Problem? The display works with LCD Hype perfectly.

darksoul666

Portal Member
December 29, 2006
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
oh sorry dident read your post here befor i sent the the private mess ... hmm thats wierd .. even if it is a 240x228 and mine is 240x128 its still the same so it should work the same way ... but please let me know if it still dosent work cause it made me kind of curious

alexz66

January 11, 2006
The Netherlands
MP crashed in DVD menu

I use C.All in combination with LCD Smartie. Works fine, expect it sometimes seems to crash MP when navigating a DVD's menu. MP then stops without any error message, just goes back to the desktop. This does not happen always, but it started happening when I started using C.All, and it's gone when I disable C.All.

Any ideas?

archimede

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2005
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Hi Alexz66,
    I am also using C.All together with LCDSmartie, but I haven't got any crash until now (MP 0.2.2.0).
    May I ask you which screens/functions do you use and if you have created some new ones?
    Thanks.

Vic

McSeven

Portal Pro
    February 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

has anyone already written a running screen-config and LCD-Discription for a 128x64 graphical LCD and is willing to share it (I really did like the simulated screen some pages before with lcdstudio, but unfortunately for a bigger LCD)? LCD client software doesn't matter, can use LCD-hype or LCD Studio or anything else that is capable of driving a LCD on my parallel port...

And btw: Yes, I can confirm the DVD crash hang/bug described earlier with plain 0.2.2 (no svn version). My MP crashes when I start playing from DVD.

Yours, Seven

darksoul666

Portal Member
    December 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi wag ... are you still working on this plugin for Mp saw that you uppdated c.me for meedio not so long ago ... i finally got to understan how things work with this plugin and got just 3 words to say DAMN ITS GOOD... anyways been playing around a bit to much i guess HEHE lcdhype isent uppdating the screen any more unless i klick stop and go again for every new screen hehe ... well guess i´ll have to figure out whats wrong

astronaut

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Massive video stutter when C.All is active

Hi,

I am using the C.All plugin (in connection with the graphical display ct-Mäusekino LCD and its software) to display information that allows me to navigate in Mediaportal without turning my projector on (for listening to music etc.). In principle, C.All does a very good job for me, but I always had some video stutter when playing files from harddisk. I could now finally pinpoint the cause of the stutter to the C.All plugin.

It seems that every time a GUI information changes, the hard disk is accessed. In the MediaPortal log I could see that when I play a video file, the variables for playtime and remaining time are refreshed every second or so. The connected hard disk access interferes with reading the video file from harddisk and thus causes the video to stutter every second.

Is there anybody out there who has noticed a similar problem? Does anybody know how to solve this problem, e.g. through some settings?

Thanks,

Astronaut

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom